DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jello and ND filters for Mavic?

How does the ND filter help with jello?

Also I see the 3 pack only includes filters for use on partly cloudy or cloudy days. So if you shoot in the sun you need to upgrade to the $100 pack?

An ND filter helps reduce jello by reducing the shutter speed. The CMOS sensor in most small cameras scans the frame from top to bottom. When the camera moves (usually caused by vibration) before the scan is complete rolling shutter or "jello" can occur. A slower shutter speed can help correct most mild rolling shutter.

Regarding the filter sets:
PolarPro DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack
Includes a CP, ND8, and ND16, generally speaking (always check your shutter speeds to determine the proper filter) the ND8 is used on partly cloudy days, and an ND16 would be on bright days. I personally use the ND8/PL and ND16/PL 90% of the time.

The DJI Mavic Filter 6-Pack includes some darker ND's and some Polarizer/ND filters which would cover just about any lighting condition.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jeff

Reactions: Rogue Wave and ___
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply back! Your answer on the jello effect makes perfect sense. Thanks. I ordered the 3 pack. The full 6 pack sounds great, but a bit outside my budget. Will they be sold individually later so that I can add the ND/PL's? Or should I cancel my order, and just get the 6 pack when I can afford it?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the reply back! Your answer on the jello effect makes perfect sense. Thanks. I ordered the 3 pack. The full 6 pack sounds great, but a bit outside my budget. Will they be sold individually later so that I can add the ND/PL's? Or should I cancel my order, and just get the 6 pack when I can afford it?

Awesome, thank you very much for the order!
You can always add individual filters down the line, you can either contact us directly through the site, or my personal email is: [email protected].
Happy flying and enjoy the filters!
-Jeff

Reactions: ___
Regarding the filter sets:
PolarPro DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack
Includes a CP, ND8, and ND16, generally speaking (always check your shutter speeds to determine the proper filter) the ND8 is used on partly cloudy days, and an ND16 would be on bright days. I personally use the ND8/PL and ND16/PL 90% of the time.

The DJI Mavic Filter 6-Pack includes some darker ND's and some Polarizer/ND filters which would cover just about any lighting condition.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jeff

Jeff, on your combo ND8/PL and ND16/PL filters in the 6-pack , is the polarizing circular or linear?

Jeff, on your combo ND8/PL and ND16/PL filters in the 6-pack , is the polarizing circular or linear?

They are circular, however the only difference between a circular and a linear polarizer, is that the circular polarizer has a quarter-wave plate, which is for SLR camera compatibility. There is no difference between the two for the Mavic camera, they both would perform the same.

Many people confuse the term circular polarizer with the term rotatable polarizer, meaning you can rotate the outer bezel. The Mavic filters are not rotatable due to interference the extra height would cause. To orient the Mavic Polarizers you will hold them in front of the camera, rotate, then press them on.

Hope that answers your question :)
-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: Apocalypso
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54