DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky footage

Deonpala

Reactions
Hi guys,

Just have a quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I've been trying to edit some footage which I obtained thru the micro SD card in my mavic. Once I copied it to computer via a micro sd card reader and open the footage up, it's extremely jerky and not really usable. The footage on my phone however is fine.
I put it down to my computer not being able to handle the 4k footage and started researching new laptops that I'll be able to edit on.

Earlier today I copied footage that was saved in the dji folder on my android to the pc, and the footage is perfect. Not jerky what so ever. Downside is, not all my footage which is on the sd card is saved to my phone
(The sd card had every video and photo saved, yet my phone only has afew videos saved, is this normal?)

My question is, why is the footage from the sd jerky, and the footage copied from my phone isn't?

Anyone able to assist.

Thanks.

What you thought, computer can't keep up, what's on the phone is only 720p.
But are you downloading the file rather than playing from the card - that won't work with 4K unless you have it in a USB3 card reader and socket.
You might be fine recording at 2.7K which some think is best anyway.

What you thought, computer can't keep up, what's on the phone is only 720p.
But are you downloading the file rather than playing from the card - that won't work with 4K unless you have it in a USB3 card reader and socket.
You might be fine recording at 2.7K which some think is best anyway.

Thanks for the reply 4wd. The files I tried to play were downloaded to my computer, not playing off the SD. I'll give the 2.7k recording a go and see if the pc can keep up. After buying the mavic, not keen on a whole new laptop aswell just to edit. Thanks again mate

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580