DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky panning

cdusher

Reactions
Liking the Mavic a lot, but noticing that video panning is very "jerky".
I've seen many video where is appears very smooth.
Wondering if I have a gimbal problem.
Tried auto calibrate and it did not help.
This was originally shot in 4k at 25 fps, but the problem persists whatever setting I try.

Liking the Mavic a lot, but noticing that video panning is very "jerky".
I've seen many video where is appears very smooth.
Wondering if I have a gimbal problem.
Tried auto calibrate and it did not help.
This was originally shot in 4k at 25 fps, but the problem persists whatever setting I try.

I think you just need some ND filters. The problem seems to be that your shutter is set too high. Try reducing it to 60 and see what happens. At 60 you might be overexposed, which is why you need the ND filters

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think you just need some ND filters. The problem seems to be that your shutter is set too high. Try reducing it to 60 and see what happens. At 60 you might be overexposed, which is why you need the ND filters

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Ok, I dropped to 2.7k at 30fps w/shutter set to 60 manually and it helped a ton.
I was ready to send it back, but I think I can work with that. I have a P4 and this is a bit of a different animal camera wise. It's sure a dream to fly.
Thanks!!!!!

Try adjusting the controls to make the drone fly smoother, the out of box settings are a little touchy especially the gimbal settings.

Your file on youtube is 24p.
So additionally to 25p being a low framerate that will naturally look jerky when you're moving too quickly, whatever software you processed the video with made an unwanted conversion and likely exaggerated the feeling.

Here is a link to one video about custom settings for the Mavic....
I've run across that and I'm going to fiddle with it. The frame rate and shutter speed being set properly made a great improvement and perhaps I can further tweak the settings. This is just a different animal than the p4.
Thank much!!

Your file on youtube is 24p.
So additionally to 25p being a low framerate that will naturally look jerky when you're moving too quickly, whatever software you processed the video with made an unwanted conversion and likely exaggerated the feeling.
It's a leaning experience. Thanks,

May not be true in your case, but... I was getting jerky video during playback on my iMac. Using the same micro SD adapter, I watched the video without jerkiness (is that a word) on my MacBook Pro. The difference was an 8 year old processor verses a 3 year old processor. Speed matters. Enjoy your flying!

May not be true in your case, but... I was getting jerky video during playback on my iMac. Using the same micro SD adapter, I watched the video without jerkiness (is that a word) on my MacBook Pro. The difference was an 8 year old processor verses a 3 year old processor. Speed matters. Enjoy your flying!
Thanks!

I use Litchi to get super smooth panning. You can pre-program a waypoint mission to very smoothly control not just panning but all gimbal motions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost