DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

jerky video on pc

smalltimecow

Reactions
Hi, iv had my mavic pro a few days and i love it! just a question regarding the saved videos. when i watch the video back on my iphone 7 plus it is beautiful but when i put it on my pc to edit the footage it becomes very jumpy/jerky.Has anyone had this happen or know what settings i need to adjust?
cheers
Dan

What are you taking video in 4K ,2.7k ?

On phone its knocked down to 1080p

Hi, iv had my mavic pro a few days and i love it! just a question regarding the saved videos. when i watch the video back on my iphone 7 plus it is beautiful but when i put it on my pc to edit the footage it becomes very jumpy/jerky.Has anyone had this happen or know what settings i need to adjust?
cheers
Dan

It may also be the software you are using to view the video. VLC is a free video viewer and handles 4k well.

it was on 4k so change to 2.7k 24fps and its less jerky. shall i take it down to 1080p? what fps is best to use?
thanks for all your help
Dan

I had a similar problem when I started in 4k,you need to update your computer or watch in software that can play 4k smoothly.

As others have stated...4K video is resource intensive, thus if your pc/laptop doesn't have enough RAM (16gb) or a decent video card then playback will look "choppy".

As others have stated...4K video is resource intensive, thus if your pc/laptop doesn't have enough RAM (16gb) or a decent video card then playback will look "choppy".
RAM is irrelevant. Most computers have the RAM to buffer it but other factors such as disk speed and video card speed are huge players in performance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird