DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jerky video

Jez6640

Reactions

Hi all.
I hope this uploads. Could you help me as to why my mavic records jerky video. It's at 1080 @ 24fps. I have slowed down the gimble and the yaw of mavic but I am still unable to smooth out the video when I turn. No matter how fast or slow.
Help as usual much appreciated

I had this same issue today. It was good, and the more I flew the worse it got, until it was like a three second delay.

It was hot in AZ today, and I was wondering if the heat played a factor in it.

It's not heat it was a cool day. Will try 2.7 , 30 today
Thanks.
I am confused though why are these settings available if they are unusable??

picture still will be sharper 30 will be smoother

On a serious note.. after a lot of experimenting I found that 2.7k on 30fps with an ND filter works well. I have also had to lower my expectations on how fast I can pan! You would think that a drone that is so fast and nimble would have a camera to match but the reality is it doesn't!., I don't understand why my iPhone takes better video but it seams to!

Ok Barny I will give that a go, I have an ND8 filter so will see what happens. I just think for something that cost over a grand it's a poor show.
Many thanks

I think it's that your shutter speed is too high? Use NDs to bring it to around 1/50 for the 24fps to add the motion blur.

Ok Barny I will give that a go, I have an ND8 filter so will see what happens. I just think for something that cost over a grand it's a poor show.
Many thanks
I totally agree. I contacted DJI about it and they said to send it back in for repair however after reading more about it I don't think it's faulty I just think that's the way it is!!

To me that lools like the output from the editor is at a higher frame rate than the video was shot at. I has similar issue when I realised I was filming at 24fps and the output from the editor was 25fps. Is the raw unedited video still jerky?

Once you get right settings video looks pretty good. Go +1 on sharpness 0. 0 try this it looks good.

I had the same problem and figured out it was the SD card that was supplied with the drone when I purchased it. It was a Lexar 16gb xc1 card and was too slow, and then I changed it with my camera card for a test, which was a Scandisk Ultra 64gb xc 1 sd card and no more jerky videos. I video at 2.7k at 30fps.
Also don't forget to focus the camera each and overtime you take off. I set the left button to auto focus and press it at the beginning of each flight.

Reactions: SeaComms
Yes unedited is still jerky, and I never thought of the sd card. I will swap it with the one from my camera and try that also.
Thank you.

Hi all.
I hope this uploads. Could you help me as to why my mavic records jerky video. It's at 1080 @ 24fps. I have slowed down the gimble and the yaw of mavic but I am still unable to smooth out the video when I turn. No matter how fast or slow.
Help as usual much appreciated

Uploaded video is 30 fps, not 24.
You have recorded video at different rate, than it was edited. In uploaded video some frames are missing, the other are doubled. It looks like recording at 30 fps, edited at 24 (removed 6 frames each second) and rendered at 30 fps (6 frames are doubled). So the movement must be jerky.

Last edited:
Reactions: geigy
Sorry could you explain to a thick one better please. I haven't edited this video it's as it came from the mavic I just sent it to YouTube to upload on here?
Thanks

Sorry could you explain to a thick one better please. I haven't edited this video it's as it came from the mavic I just sent it to YouTube to upload on here?
Thanks
Your video on YT is 720@30, not 1080@24. So it must be edited/rendered somehow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme