DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK Orders

New email from Jessops confirming item dispatched. On line order page with Jessops now shows my order has been dispatched with a link to the courier's tracking page for my delivery.

Congrats!

Hopefully they will get some solo Mavics soon too... :(

4th Oct 2016 13:02 - Order being processed

Mavic + Spare Battery

Still think that the queue numbers are bs though...

Has anyone actually received anything from Jessops yet?

4th Oct 2016 13:02 - Order being processed

Mavic + Spare Battery

Still think that the queue numbers are bs though...

Has anyone actually received anything from Jessops yet?
Nothing and David refuses to help at all now, he's probably sick of everyone asking.

Probably because he has absolutely no idea himself.looks like all the info coming through is extremely vague or none at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It seems that everyone speaks to a "David". I doubt that is actually one person anyway. Would have thought they would send some sort of update like they did right at the beginning of the delays to keep is all quiet. Can imagine it causes mayhem on their phone with all of the mavic customers asking where their good are

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This reminds me of when I used to call TalkTalk call center based in Asia and the bloke that answered was called John, how am I supposed to believe a word he says when he's more than likely lying about his own name!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This reminds me of when I used to call TalkTalk call center based in Asia and the bloke that answered was called John, how am I supposed to believe a word he says when he's more than likely lying about his own name!

Yeah been there before, was told in Asia they are given a name at school and they tend to keep them.....one guy I dealt with in China on business was called Dolphin Yung and another was Kevin! So do we believe the DJI's ceo is really called Frank?:p

I called them today to see how far through the pre orders they are and I was told they have only completed orders upto the 29th .....

I called them today to see how far through the pre orders they are and I was told they have only completed orders upto the 29th .....

Hmmm

ETFjrf4.png

Well I'm still waiting - ordered on the 30th at 07:10am so not far behind! Oh well, nothing we can do - if you cancel and go somewhere else, you may finally get a Mavic next June.....

Reactions: magsta
I can only advise on the combo pack, but mine arrived this morning at 10.30am. Ordered from Jessops 30th September at 1.22am.

Here's what the combo pack looks like unboxed.
QSImC4VHbhKcs9HM6xammhLsxi4n6noOiV7NVUmEgDs

And this is what the weather looks like outside my window!!!
iKNlvye5mZkNxF_SRTNkU1flP7fjLg1QRLX3oa50-64

All three batteries on charge prepping for setting up calibrations and getting to know how every thing works.
j9y1ydnXFr9Gmq3cWyIeCN9zmxfM8AJg4xmoODKO8ys

I'm gonna call them again tomorrow... I'm not convinced they're sending these out in order of when orders were placed, don't know what makes me think that but I just do! Lol

I'm glad you got yours Rick, it's been a long long wait! [emoji106]

I'm gonna call them again tomorrow... I'm not convinced they're sending these out in order of when orders were placed, don't know what makes me think that but I just do! Lol

I'm glad you got yours Rick, it's been a long long wait! [emoji106]

Many thanks Drono.
I guess it feels like that when there are others getting their drones and you haven't got yours yet. Keep the faith, you were only a few hours after me in making your order (I think). I hope you get yours soon and the world will seem good again!

Update from Jessops today after I asked for my queue position. What I don't understand is why they can't say what position I'm in when they did at the time of ordering on the 2nd October?
Makes me think that the position is irrelevant because if the extra battery I've ordered with the standard drone and they will wait for that to arrive instead of splitting the shipment.

Thank you very much for your email. As you are probably aware, the worldwide demand for Mavic has been significantly above DJI's expectation.

We are in daily contact with DJI and the good news is that stock has begun to arrive in the UK and we have started to clear some of our backorders.

However, at the moment the volume DJI is shipping is a long way short of our demand.

Whilst I cannot guarantee a definitive time for your delivery I can confirm your order has been placed, and no payment will be taken until we dispatch your drone.

Quantities we receive from DJI are increasing by the week, and DJI tell us they expect to clear the majority of our backorders by Christmas.

I am sorry I cannot give you a definitive timescale, but rest assured we speak with DJI daily.

Thank you for your custom, and I hope to be able to give you some positive news over the coming weeks.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Ashley Czornyj

Contact Centre Team Leader

I can only advise on the combo pack, but mine arrived this morning at 10.30am. Ordered from Jessops 30th September at 1.22am.

Here's what the combo pack looks like unboxed.
QSImC4VHbhKcs9HM6xammhLsxi4n6noOiV7NVUmEgDs

And this is what the weather looks like outside my window!!!
iKNlvye5mZkNxF_SRTNkU1flP7fjLg1QRLX3oa50-64

All three batteries on charge prepping for setting up calibrations and getting to know how every thing works.
j9y1ydnXFr9Gmq3cWyIeCN9zmxfM8AJg4xmoODKO8ys

Fantastic news ... i think !!!

I ordered almost exactly 24 hrs later but the info from jessops is poor i know the supply issue is not there fault but they could tell us where we are in the order que ......

In the past month i have been told
6 dates January then december then november 5th then the 15th then january and finally hopefully before Christmas and today we have no real idea .......

Perhaps it's just me that finds it ironic that this thread has gone to 6 pages and people are complaining about the service/information they are not getting from Jessops.
A company that two years was on the brink of bankruptcy - rescued by Peter Jones of Dragons Den, was never any good at knowing their products had poorly trained staff, bad customer service, is still no good at customer service or product knowledge and shows little sign of improving.
It would be my absolute last port of call for a tech product or a camera behind a local market, eBay or a bloke in the pub!
They will be absolutely last on the DJI pecking order behind all the established UAV dealerships in the UK and even Maplin. :p

Perhaps it's just me that finds it ironic that this thread has gone to 6 pages and people are complaining about the service/information they are not getting from Jessops.
A company that two years was on the brink of bankruptcy - rescued by Peter Jones of Dragons Den, was never any good at knowing their products had poorly trained staff, bad customer service, is still no good at customer service or product knowledge and shows little sign of improving.
It would be my absolute last port of call for a tech product or a camera behind a local market, eBay or a bloke in the pub!
They will be absolutely last on the DJI pecking order behind all the established UAV dealerships in the UK and even Maplin. :p

Sorry you feel like that The Editor. When did you order your Mavic from Jessops and was it the Mavic and controller or the combo pack?
I can genuinely say that in the six and a half weeks I've been waiting for the combo I've been pretty happy with the information Jessops have given me as detailed in my previous posts. I know you may feel I'm only saying this because I now have my Mavic, but from taking advice from the phone line, not the chat line, I feel the information given to me was honest and realistic.
I hope you get your Mavic soon and the frustration of the wait was worth hanging in there!

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Sorry you feel like that The Editor. When did you order your Mavic from Jessops and was it the Mavic and controller or the combo pack?
I can genuinely say that in the six and a half weeks I've been waiting for the combo I've been pretty happy with the information Jessops have given me as detailed in my previous posts. I know you may feel I'm only saying this because I now have my Mavic, but from taking advice from the phone line, not the chat line, I feel the information given to me was honest and realistic.
I hope you get your Mavic soon and the frustration of the wait was worth hanging in there!

I don't have my one and can certainly say my experience has been similar.
They have always been helpful and honest with the information available [emoji106]

I don't have my one and can certainly say my experience has been similar.
They have always been helpful and honest with the information available [emoji106]
Have they told you where you sit in the queue? That's the least they could do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo