DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically my missus did it all and didn't tell me til yesterday when she started to wonder if I d get it in time for xmas.

She ordered just the drone plus an addional battery, so perhaps there's a separate queue for the combo deal. Bless her she's not tech savvy at all and was learning as she went, makes sense as she was tapping away on her iPad all day Sunday.
We thought about cancelling and reordering elsewhere today but tbh I m not overly fussed. I don't think any retailers really know when their stock is arriving I m quite happy for it to arrive whenever (within reason).

David seemed fairly honest today saying it was likely after xmas, sometime January.

More worryingly , All this generosity from the missus firmly puts me in the frame for this handbag she's been rattling on about, makes the drone look cheap by comparison .

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Ordered on the 2nd of Oct and i am in 61st position. First proper drone and the wait is painfull [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Oh I Ordered on the 1st so at least I know I'm below 61 :) ....... I have no idea what number I am and when I asked via the chat they said they couldn't tell me what number I was .....

Oh I Ordered on the 1st so at least I know I'm below 61 :) ....... I have no idea what number I am and when I asked via the chat they said they couldn't tell me what number I was .....
That's odd Anthony, I've always had a good response. Did you have your order details to hand at the time? Try again, you may get someone more amenable.

They didn't even take my order number ... it was as soon as I put mavic in the conversation they just posted the customer services number and told me to call it

I think it may depend who is on and has access to such details. As you say, you should be safe ordering on the 1st [emoji106]

They didn't even take my order number ... it was as soon as I put mavic in the conversation they just posted the customer services number and told me to call it
Didn't you call the number? That's how you can find out more about shipping and your order details.

I gave a reply to someone on the DJI forum to the same issue, including the number to call:

On the Jessops website there is a chat box where you can engage with a representative. I've found I always get a swift response. However, they can't give fate on your order but will supply the tel number to make that enquiry. Here is the reply given and the telephone number:

"Unfortunately we are not able to check your order from here, please contact us by phone on 0344 800 4444 between 9am and 6pm Monday to Saturday or email at [email protected] , we apologise for any inconvenience"

Yesthat was the message and i did call the number but i gave up after being on hold for 33 mins ...... i might try tomorrow if i get time at work :)

Yesthat was the message and i did call the number but i gave up after being on hold for 33 mins ...... i might try tomorrow if i get time at work :)
Fair enough Anthony, I wouldn't have had the patience to wait that long. I must have got lucky as I got my answer within a couple of minutes.

Lol i would not normally wait that long but i was in an online meeting so had the time to kill :)

I believe the lines are only open during office hours. Well another day passes and I am less informed as to when my new toy will arrive. Until it does I will have to have dreams of where I can fly it and plan some great trips to capture the type of footage I see on here. Night night fellow wannabe MavicPilots and hopefully we can all take to the skies before santa arrives.

Reactions: BigRhino
I am really not bothered about when it turns up ... i am happy to let some time pass by and let other people beta test the drone and dji release a firmware update by the time i get mine :)

How do you find out where you are in the queue. Ordered my drone on the 9th of oct from Jessops.

You have to call customer service

Guys, a lot of you are saying a "David" is telling you your place in line. Look at the thread I made, I have somebody saying that they are 80 and David told me 81 which is strange because I ordered on the 4th oct. later than others and I'm a lot further front of the list. I think he might be sending generic responses though as I get cut from the chat as soon as I mention mavic and have had to start the convo again many times...

Guys, a lot of you are saying a "David" is telling you your place in line. Look at the thread I made, I have somebody saying that they are 80 and David told me 81 which is strange because I ordered on the 4th oct. later than others and I'm a lot further front of the list. I think he might be sending generic responses though as I get cut from the chat as soon as I mention mavic and have had to start the convo again many times...

I don't work for Jessops, but the guy I spoke to explained what order I was in for the option I have ordered. There are 40 or was it 60 standard drones and 80 combo bundles ordered in their first shipment. I can't remember what number I was in for the bundle version, but he told me I qualified for the first shipment. So check what number you are in the pecking order specific to your option choice.
Who knows, they may not receive the quantity they wanted and that first order may be reduced in size, but at least if all goes well, you will know if you're in with a chance. It may also help to find out if anyone before you have cancelled, in which case you would assume your chances get better.

Reactions: Keth Unwin

I have spoke to them twice over a two week period and both times had great response and told i was number 61.

Maybe just lucky with the time of my calls [emoji106]

You have to call customer service
I called them this morning and the guy didn't have a clue :(
Do i keep calling till i get someone that is in the know?
Getting rather frustrated here but i know it'll be worth the wait haha

Just spoke to Henry, Customer Care. He reckons my order (12 Oct) will be satisfied by end of Nov, but they still have no idea how much stock they are going to be getting from DJI at this point.

I think we all need to just accept that these are going to arrive when they arrive as they say. Jessops have no more control over delivery from DJI than any other retailer and as DJI are not putting out any kind of production detail pressing the retailers is almost pointless IMO.

The good thing is that I have not been charged yet by Jessops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS