DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to Henry, Customer Care. He reckons my order (12 Oct) will be satisfied by end of Nov, but they still have no idea how much stock they are going to be getting from DJI at this point.

Then really he has no clue whatsoever and is just speculating. Bottomline if they don't receive enough stock which is highly unlikely in their first shipment you will not be getting it this month, especially as your order date is quite late when orders started in September

Reactions: The Editor
One more here!

I ordered The Fly More Combo on the 29th Sept and was told today I am 2nd in the queue, I believe it was "David" via chat.

Reactions: BigRhino
Just spoke to the infamous David. He says I'm not on the first shipment. Haha. What a joke. Ordered on the 9th of October, so to be fair I suppose I wouldn't be but the wait is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just spoke to the infamous David. He says I'm not on the first shipment. Haha. What a joke. Ordered on the 9th of October, so to be fair I suppose I wouldn't be but the wait is killing me.

:(

None of us may be though, the way things are looking they may only get one of each into stock :)

I have kinda gave up any hope of having one before i go back to work.
Hope to have it by the time i come back at Christmas though [emoji106]

i canceled my early october order with jessops.. back then the november promise seemed a long way away.. he he

having said that the charge authorization is still sat in my paypal account.. maybe i still have one on order and dont know it.. :)

trog

fce6024df7d65127b44f0ba80d8ef552.jpg

Hi guys I emailed Jessops today this was their reply.....

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
all this stuff is buying time.. jessops only know what DJI tell them.. DJI need as a priority to buy time.. to shut people up.. it seems they are now buying unitl Chrismas..

the thing is what happens when Christmas comes and goes and jessops still dont receive a valid number of mavics.. will the time period get extended once again.. so far this does seem to be what is happening.. :)

without a doubt if my supplier told me christmas i would cancel.. and if i was a mavic supplier no way would i be taking pre-oders.. the buyers are being taken for fools.. sadly too many of them seem to be just that.. also knowing what i now no i would not attempt to buy into this wonderfull new toy until the bloody thing is actually available for sale.. he he

trog

At least they are being pessimistic and not getting our hopes up [emoji106]

O ye'll fly' the high road, and I'll fly' the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,

I'm glad you're getting a bit of sense out of them. Jessops customer service is useless. What date did you order ?
I ordered mine on the 9th of October.

At least they are being pessimistic and not getting our hopes up [emoji106]

O ye'll fly' the high road, and I'll fly' the low road,
And I'll be in Scotland afore ye,

that is rather an optimistic way of looking at their estimate.. which could be equally optimistic.. basically i dont think anything being promised can be taken as gospel.. it really is about shutting people up and buying time..

trog

I ordered on the first October and have no idea what number i am however im more concerned by the number of issues being reported accross many forums etc my head is telling me to cancel and wait until next year ....

I ordered on the first October and have no idea what number i am however im more concerned by the number of issues being reported accross many forums etc my head is telling me to cancel and wait until next year ....

Percentage wise the issues are few and far between Anthony just like with any new product (don't mention the Note 7 lol). Most people have not experienced issues and some of the reported cases have been proven to be pilot error anyway (disregarding the unbalanced focus issue). It's your call of course but I very much doubt that waiting until next year will make the slightest bit of difference tbh.

Percentage wise the issues are few and far between Anthony just like with any new product (don't mention the Note 7 lol). Most people have not experienced issues and some of the reported cases have been proven to be pilot error anyway (disregarding the unbalanced focus issue). It's your call of course but I very much doubt that waiting until next year will make the slightest bit of difference tbh.
By early next year we will be on a few versions of firmware down the line.
Additionally, DJI historically (like any other manufacturer of a product) have continued to refine and change hardware where a better design or a weak point is identified.
The Inspire went through 4 versions during its life cycle with an updated 4 point landing gear mechanism introduced just a few months after initial launch.
Personally, I would wait until end of first qtr 2017 but keep close eye on
firmware release notes and forums such as this.

Last edited:
By early next year we will be on a few versions of firmware down the line.
Additionally, DJI historically (like any other manufacturer of a product) have continued to refine and change hardware where a better design or a weak point is identified.
The Inspire went through 4 versions during its life cycle with an updated 4 point landing gear mechanism introduced just a few months after initial launch.
Personally, I would wait until end of first are 2017 but keep close eye on firmware release notes and forums such as this.

Agreed, but they cannot produce what is on order now (am sure they already have the parts on order) so I doubt very much that they will re-tool or change components in the next few months. I doubt we will see any changes until at least the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2017 but could be wrong of course.

Just depends on how long you want to wait and who is to say that Rev.2 of the Mavic will not have its own different issues...

Personally I can't wait :)

Ordered from Jessops on the 30th of September, with the spare battery offer. Mine is also showing as 'order being processed' and, when I called, they tell me that they are hoping for late November / early December for those of us who ordered early. The only consolation is that Jessops don't charge until they are ready to ship. One bit of information given is that they plan to call customers when the Mavic is in and ready to go. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser