DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
All for the stats I am a fly more combo and the rest of the information is correct as stated above by the good man with time on his hands

Wonder if she's fit.....
Fit or unfit ...... I will talk to anyone that can tell me WTF is going on with our orders..... I am really hopeful every day that I might hear something and then get to 17:00 and know that another day has passed and all I can do is go online to watch others that have received their ones posted videos of the day and dream of joining this exclusive club.
I am grateful for all for sharing their respective stories but all I can do is wait patiently and hope that choosing Jessops as the provider of mine was the right choice and they will come through.

Stressing about it isn't going to change anything. They will all arrive for everyone....maintain sense of humour chaps....time goes quicker!

Stressing about it isn't going to change anything. They will all arrive for everyone....maintain sense of humour chaps....time goes quicker!

Its too bloody cold out there to be flying drones :p so I am not that bothered if they take their time !!

What courier does Jessops use? I would really like to know as I'd be gutted if mine gets delivered during the day and there's no one home to sign for the package.
I ordered on 30th Sep 2016 01:22am and still listed as being on backorder.

Current status as of today: 07/11/2016 4.40pm

30th Sep 2016 01:22 - Order being processed
Jessops DJI Drone Advice Leaflet ( 1), 0 Dispatched, £0.00
Jessops Drone Advice Leaflet ( 1), 0 Dispatched, £0.00
DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo Drone ( 1), 0 Dispatched, 1 On Back-Order, £1,249.00

What courier does Jessops use? I would really like to know as I'd be gutted if mine gets delivered during the day and there's no one home to sign for the package.
I ordered on 30th Sep 2016 01:22am and still listed as being on backorder.

Current status as of today: 07/11/2016 4.40pm

30th Sep 2016 01:22 - Order being processed
Jessops DJI Drone Advice Leaflet ( 1), 0 Dispatched, £0.00
Jessops Drone Advice Leaflet ( 1), 0 Dispatched, £0.00
DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo Drone ( 1), 0 Dispatched, 1 On Back-Order, £1,249.00

Mine was delivered by "UK Mail" I am a stones throw from the warehouse in Slough though so it may vary depending on where you are in the country.

Go on Chippie... Bung some photos of a real life UK mavic from jessops. Just so we all know they exist!

Move over parrot piece of crap! here comes the Mavic!!!

Go on Chippie... Bung some photos of a real life UK mavic from jessops. Just so we all know they exist!

Here is one in my Crumpler Quick Escape bag. Can get everything in there including the charger and an ipad. Will try to do some more late tonight.

2016-11-07 16.14.34.jpg

Reactions: Will Vardy
I ordered my combo at something like 01:20 on the 30th ...

Mine was delivered by "UK Mail" I am a stones throw from the warehouse in Slough though so it may vary depending on where you are in the country.
Thanks chippie, UK Mail should be more accommodating than ups in my experience. Don't want this one going back to some depot miles away. Not jumping the gun though, could be a while yet and it looks like I'm behind Anthony who ordered his "something like" before me! "I ordered my combo at something like 01:20 on the 30th ..."

Happy christmas everybody........

Dear Will,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm we are working closely with DJI and are in communication with them daily in order to keep customers updated on their orders.

We have been advised that as your order was placed before 24th October we should be on track to have your item delivered before Christmas, however due to high global demand we are unable to guarantee a specific ETA.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Kirsten Penny

Contact Centre Agent

Jessops Europe Limited

I hate to suggest something other than that Jessops (DJI) will be opening the floodgates sometime soon but I know that some dealers are receiving a 'sample' Mavic from DJI, one I know is due to receive theirs this week. I haven't seen anybody else receive a Mavic from Jessops yet so could it be that they've let chippie have theirs (which might also explain the control sticks)?

I'm living and breathing this at the moment having placed an order on release day 27.9 with another UK dealer plus I've now ordered one from the US so I hope this isn't the case, just wondering..

I hate to suggest something other than that Jessops (DJI) will be opening the floodgates sometime soon but I know that some dealers are receiving a 'sample' Mavic from DJI, one I know is due to receive theirs this week. I haven't seen anybody else receive a Mavic from Jessops yet so could it be that they've let chippie have theirs (which might also explain the control sticks)?

I'm living and breathing this at the moment having placed an order on release day 27.9 with another UK dealer plus I've now ordered one from the US so I hope this isn't the case, just wondering..

That simply means that others who have received them are not on this forum or even any forum for that matter. Looking at the numbers there are a around 10 people on here out of orders of over 500 Mavics. I have also exchanged a few PM's on another forum and my serial numbers are higher so I know I have not received a pre-release model. I was told on the phone by Jessops that they received a handful and if I was #2 why did #1 not get their "sample" With regards to the removable sticks, I think they are all removable, just some are pushed in very hard. Makes no sense to make dealer samples with removable sticks yet the retail ones have fixed sticks.

Yeah, probably.. Just clutching at straws really, in the absence of any information.

Well, despite the promise of a call from 'Sophie' to discuss my order, I've heard.....nothing. No call, no promised 'update', simply nothing...

I shall think twice about using Jessops again, they appear to be ridling the same path that made them shut down originally! Would cancel but I want this for my UAQ exam I'm taking soon. Impatience is not a virtue I aspire to. But...it appears I've gained an 'impatient' badge....

Fit or unfit ...... I will talk to anyone that can tell me WTF is going on with our orders..... I am really hopeful every day that I might hear something and then get to 17:00 and know that another day has passed and all I can do is go online to watch others that have received their ones posted videos of the day and dream of joining this exclusive club.
I am grateful for all for sharing their respective stories but all I can do is wait patiently and hope that choosing Jessops as the provider of mine was the right choice and they will come through.
I'm beginning to wish I hadn't gone with Jessops as no-one there seems to know what a Mavic is! It's almost comical talking to their customer services, they don't even know who DJI are and seem to think my order is for a camera lens!

How are Jessops any different from any other vendor in the world right now?!

No one has any concrete info because dji aren't giving any....so how's that Jessops fault exactly?!

What does it matter if a customer service lacky doesn't know what a mavic is?! If it's not in stock it could be a space ship for all of matters.

Unlike some other retailers they don't charge you until its dispatched.....there's something to be said for that I think.

There's some tragic cases on here

Last edited:
Well, despite the promise of a call from 'Sophie' to discuss my order, I've heard.....nothing. No call, no promised 'update', simply nothing...

I shall think twice about using Jessops again, they appear to be ridling the same path that made them shut down originally! Would cancel but I want this for my UAQ exam I'm taking soon. Impatience is not a virtue I aspire to. But...it appears I've gained an 'impatient' badge....

jessops are not at fault.. i am sure they are doing their best and just as pissed off with dJI wasting their time as everyone should be..

trog

Jessops have no control over this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie