DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I order 14/10/2016. Today i recived email. It's joke?

Thank you for your email.

I regards to your query there is currently a lot of demand for the DJI Mavic Pro Drone so you will be looking at receiving your order in the beginning of the new year.

I apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

If I can help with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Interesting . ...

i have said if before but Jessops have no control over this ....

I had the following email and I ordered 25/10

Date: 8 November 2016 at 12:02:36 GMT
Subject: RE: After Sales / Support:
Dear XXX
Thank you for your email regarding your order.
Since unveiling the Mavic Pro the global demand has been significant. DJI have informed us today that it is likely that stock will begin to ship early November and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can.
Payment will not be taken until your order is dispatched.
We will keep you fully informed on expected delivery dates as we receive further information from DJI and would like to thank you again for purchasing your DJI drone from Jessops.
If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact us.

I have responded to mine with a threat to take my enquiry serious or I am taking this whole bad customer correspondence to the Press.

Recived 30 seconds ago

Dear xxx
Thank you very much for your email. As you are probably aware, the worldwide demand for Mavic has been significantly above DJI's expectation.

We are in daily contact with DJI and the good news is that stock has begun to arrive in the UK and we have started to clear some of our backorders.

However, at the moment the volume DJI is shipping is a long way short of our demand.

Whilst I cannot guarantee a definitive time for your delivery I can confirm your order has been placed, and no payment will be taken until we dispatch your drone.

Quantities we receive from DJI are increasing by the week, and DJI tell us they expect to clear the majority of our backorders by Christmas.

I am sorry I cannot give you a definitive timescale, but rest assured we speak with DJI daily.

Thank you for your custom, and I hope to be able to give you some positive news over the coming weeks.

Kind regards,

I have responded to mine with a threat to take my enquiry serious or I am taking this whole bad customer correspondence to the Press.

You ordered on the 25th October, almost a month after they were announced and orders started , what were you expecting?? to get one within days of ordering?? I would imagine you will be looking at late Dec to beginning of Jan before yours arrives

Richardhurst not to get into one with you but if you actually read my comments I am complaining about not the way they are communicating with their clients not that they are taking to long to supply. Did I expect it within days no but actually it is 3 weeks ago so yes when I placed my order I was informed it would be mid November and I am having a go that they have not communicated to me proactively only reactively and when they do they are responding me with outdated crap that was sent to others before I even placed my order.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Richardhurst not to get into one with you but if you actually read my comments I am complaining about not the way they are communicating with their clients not that they are taking to long to supply. Did I expect it within days no but actually it is 3 weeks ago so yes when I placed my order I was informed it would be mid November and I am having a go that they have not communicated to me proactively only reactively and when they do they are responding me with outdated crap that was sent to others before I even placed my order.

But you knew about the global delay before you ordered. From memory Jessops, 2 weeks ago, were NOT saying that orders placed then would be fulfilled by mid November at all. You mention "3 weeks" is that when you spoke with them and were told November? If you ordered on the 25th then I make that 2 weeks to the day not 3 weeks?

I do understand your frustration but did you expect and e-mail update every day? Even if they had told you sooner you may not get it until January what would you have done? Cancelled? They have not taken your money anyway so nothing stopping you ordering from elsewhere then cancelling the other once you get one.

EDIT: I really don't think threatening them has helped you in the slightest either!

The last email I recieved was on the 20th October saying they will hopefully start shipping early November. I've had no further email so surely they're still on track for deliveries soon? I ordered on 30th September btw. Just be patient, it's not like we're expecting any lovely snow to shoot anytime soon, are we? Lol ;)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Says the person who has his

Yes I do say because I ordered on the 29th September. From mid October I have known about all the delays and I was resigned to the fact that I would have to wait for it and it could take several months to arrive and in all honesty up until 4.30pm last Friday when I received a phone call I still did not think I would get it until December, if then. You ordered a month later knowing about all the delays yet you are still not happy that you have not got it yet or have, to wait longer. Irrespective if Jessops have e-mailed you or not, you knew/know about the huge delays!

Last edited:
The last email I recieved was on the 20th October saying they will hopefully start shipping early November. I've had no further email so surely they're still on track for deliveries soon? I ordered on 30th September btw. Just be patient, it's not like we're expecting any lovely snow to shoot anytime soon, are we? Lol ;)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I would think you will have yours by the end of next week.

Reactions: Drono_photography
Yes I do say because I ordered on the 29th September. From mid October I have known about all the delays and I was resigned to the fact that I would have to wait for it and it could take several months to arrive and in all honesty up until 4.30pm last Friday when I received a phone call I still did not think I would get it until December, if then. You ordered a month later knowing about all the delays yet you are still not happy that you have not got it yet or have, to wait longer. Irrespective if Jessops have e-mailed you or not, you knew/know about the huge delays!
Jessops online shop shown me delivery till end of october. You got mavic? When? Today i recived email i get my mavic in new year. After i called in jessops. After call i recived email again. I get my mavic till christmas.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Jessops online shop shown me delivery till end of october. You got mavic? When? Today i recived email i get my mavic in new year. After i called in jessops. After call i recived email again. I get my mavic till christmas.

I received mine on Saturday morning from Jessops.

Where does it say delivery in October on their site? It did say October for the first few weeks or so then it changed to End of November.

Hang on @chippie .....they don't know that I am sitting on a forum reading all the problems that everyone is facing. When I have bought from Jessops before I never joined a forum for the item I was purchasing. Why would they assume this and I am sure that others who have bought this item has not joined the mavicpilots forum. Being factual (backed up by the very first post I put on here) when I placed my order it was based on Jessops website saying a November 2016 delivery not "whenever" you may have assumed it may take months but I certainly did not and it was for this very reason that " I " started this "Jessops UK" thread as I noticed only on the 27/10 that they had changed the status of new orders to January.
Again, my complaint to Jessops has not been about the fact that I have not received it YET but that they have not communicated with their Customers proactively and that when they have communicated in reaction to someone chasing the information is not consistent across the board. A pure Example has been that I have received in a matter of hours now conflicting emails from Jessops. So unless you are a Employer or Share holder in Jessops with something to gain can I kindly request that you wind your neck in and allow us to communicate on a thread to share experiences whilst we wait for ours and try to find out when some are receiving theirs or "not".

Which of these letters I believe

I have no idea, Jessops has no idea how many they will receive and when, no one does but this is not Jesspos or any other stores fault.

Call them or preferably use online chat and find out what place you are in the queue and ask what they think is a realistic delivery time frame on the information they have.

I received mine on Saturday morning from Jessops.

Where does it say delivery in October on their site? It did say October for the first few weeks or so then it changed to End of November.
What number you have been in the queue. On 1/11/2016 i been 171. Today jessops not give me any information about number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143