DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jessops UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea, Jessops has no idea how many they will receive and when, no one does but this is not Jesspos or any other stores fault.

Call them or preferably use online chat and find out what place you are in the queue and ask what they think is a realistic delivery time frame on the information they have.
Why are you so hard with them? Maybe you are one of Jessops workers? I chat with them 11/03/2016. I was told that still no one received their goods

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Just very interesting. You alone have received goods from Jessops. I do not read any forum dji. Neither is that if someone else was

Not everyone that has ordered a Mavic from jessops is on this forum so the other four people who got drones cant tell you they have them.

I've used the online chat 2 or 3 times and each time they said they don't have the access to the information regarding where we sit in a queue or when they're receiving stock of the Mavic, the only people that know are the buying team when you call them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hang on @chippie .....they don't know that I am sitting on a forum reading all the problems that everyone is facing. When I have bought from Jessops before I never joined a forum for the item I was purchasing. Why would they assume this and I am sure that others who have bought this item has not joined the mavicpilots forum. Being factual (backed up by the very first post I put on here) when I placed my order it was based on Jessops website saying a November 2016 delivery not "whenever" you may have assumed it may take months but I certainly did not and it was for this very reason that " I " started this "Jessops UK" thread as I noticed only on the 27/10 that they had changed the status of new orders to January.
Again, my complaint to Jessops has not been about the fact that I have not received it YET but that they have not communicated with their Customers proactively and that when they have communicated in reaction to someone chasing the information is not consistent across the board. A pure Example has been that I have received in a matter of hours now conflicting emails from Jessops. So unless you are a Employer or Share holder in Jessops with something to gain can I kindly request that you wind your neck in and allow us to communicate on a thread to share experiences whilst we wait for ours and try to find out when some are receiving theirs or "not".

Wind my neck in? LOL Oh come on!

Correct they do not know you are on a forum BUT you know! It has also been in the media quite a bit. Others who live in a box (without intwernat access) may have actualy picked the phone up or messaged them to find out what the delay was and been given and answer sooner. Have you actually spoken to them or used the online chat to find out what place you are in the queue and asked for a rough delivery window?

Listen, they are only communicating what they know, which is as much as you do! It is down to DJI to communicate delivery timescales with them and as we know they not done that with any Importers, Distributors, Re-sellers or stores. Jessops cannot send out individual e-mails to everyone, they have thousands of orders for different drones yet alone all the other photographic equipment they sell. Would you like an e-mail every day teling you it is still delayed?

But lets be objective here, OK, they were bad about communicating (I think I only received one message from them a few weeks back telling me about the delays, but I swallowed it and waited) but when you ordered (only 2 week ago) the delivery stated in November right! Well it is only 8th today so I do not quite understand your issue about communication tbh. After all they still have to end of the month to let you know it has been delayed.

I had not had one single email from Jessops until 20 minutes ago and it turns out i placed my order on 01:25 01/10 ..... as far as the coms from jessops its just not been there at all however i dont need to tell me my order is going to be late as we ALL know that DJI have a huge back order list its more than obvious they are not going to arrive when the resellers have said they are.

Why are you so hard with them? Maybe you are one of Jessops workers? I chat with them 11/03/2016. I was told that still no one received their goods

Well on the 3rd no one had apparently, they shipped the first lot out on the 4th.

I am not 'hard' with them, I am just stating facts! The Mavic is like gold dust everywhere, with ALL suppliers. They cannot communicate to you what they do not know!

Just very interesting. You alone have received goods from Jessops. I do not read any forum dji. Neither is that if someone else was

Especially for you sent one Mavic?

So now I am liar am I. There are only about 10 people on here that have ordered from Jessops out of over 500 orders, you do the math on that one!
As I said I am simply stating facts! Jessops do NOT know what numbers they are going to receive. DJI are sending them out in very small numbers at the moment, this applies to ALL places selling them.

Last edited:
Chill guys we shouldn't be fighting each other. The last email I sent to jessops was yesturday afternoon asking for my position in the queue and that that information would help me correlate with others when I'm likely to receive the mavic, allowing me to leave jessops alone.

Today I was basically told that's non of my business and they don't release that info followed by a copy and past speel that others have had.

Fact is.... The mavic is worth waiting for no question BUT having to actively query a retailer on its delivery time is not. These are exceptional circumstances and that calls for exceptional customer service. After all its not 40 quid cheep Chinese drone is it? We're spending alot of doe with jessops/dji.

These easiest way to appease all the mavic customers is to write a chain email weekly (or sooner if more information becomes available) stating 'we are still awaiting shipments but rest assured we will inform you asap'. Simple. Atleast then they are being proactive. Even giving information such as 'we have received a small batch and will be completing orders placed between x and x'.

Just common sense.

Still, chill guys. Were not enemies. Were all in the same boat.... Well apart from chippie, lucky bastard ;)

Move over parrot piece of crap! here comes the Mavic!!!

Reactions: chippie
I've used the online chat 2 or 3 times and each time they said they don't have the access to the information regarding where we sit in a queue or when they're receiving stock of the Mavic, the only people that know are the buying team when you call them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
The second part is correct, the do not know but with regards to the first, just insist, there are several people on here who have been given their queue positions so they must be able to get that information, even if it from the person sitting next to them. Agree, it will not tell you when you will receive it but it may give you a better picture of the time scale involved.

I'm not saying that jessops bad company. I'm just talking about the fact that it was not necessary to write terms of shipping. Take a look now at the site. They are not here. Suffer people like us. Who was going on vacation and wanted to make good shots. This is necessary for the job. Look ea Apple Store. 6-8 weeks. And all the people know and no problems

I have found Jessops nothing but helpful every time i spoke to them.
This was early in the order and since i have joined this forum, i don't feel the need to as i get my information here.
They have only gave estimates and i am happy to wait for mine now and if i wasn't i would cancel but i aint forked out a penny yet [emoji106]

I may recieve mine in the next few weeks but i will be away with work until Christmas so even New year would be good for me [emoji3]

Reactions: Rick
Wind my neck in? LOL Oh come on!

Correct they do not know you are on a forum BUT you know! It has also been in the media quite a bit. Others who live in a box (without intwernat access) may have actualy picked the phone up or messaged them to find out what the delay was and been given and answer sooner. Have you actually spoken to them or used the online chat to find out what place you are in the queue and asked for a rough delivery window?

Listen, they are only communicating what they know, which is as much as you do! It is down to DJI to communicate delivery timescales with them and as we know they not done that with any Importers, Distributors, Re-sellers or stores. Jessops cannot send out individual e-mails to everyone, they have thousands of orders for different drones yet alone all the other photographic equipment they sell. Would you like an e-mail every day teling you it is still delayed?

But lets be objective here, OK, they were bad about communicating (I think I only received one message from them a few weeks back telling me about the delays, but I swallowed it and waited) but when you ordered (only 2 week ago) the delivery stated in November right! Well it is only 8th today so I do not quite understand your issue about communication tbh. After all they still have to end of the month to let you know it has been delayed.

To respond,
I have not seen it on any media.....
I have spoken to jessops when I first ordered and was told November and that they were expecting 2 deliveries in November
I have used the chat window twice and once I was told I was order number 277 by "David" but could not tell me how many had been dispatched and also it was conflicting that someone who apparently ordered after me was 260 in line. All the above has been posted in this thread.

Proactive communciation would go a long way I am sure to make customers feel that they are not being ignored. Why go to the extreme of "everyday" as you put it. One, just One in a while would have been acceptable but no they have chosen not to send out anything without being prompted.

I am confident that if they are not able to tell me on the 8th of a month if I am going to be in receipt of my Drone in this current month then it is very unlikely I am....... Don't know what industry you are from or your background but an organisation like Jessops would want to know what forecast of sales they are likely to achieve in a month and 750 (that they claim to have on order) minimum £750K revenue would be on an agenda of the FD to understand what sales are going to be processed for this month.

On a positive note and to my original point "they are simple appalling in communicating with their clients" we agree on ... Hooray..... Having purchased various things from Jessops in the past 20 years, unfortunately this experience has left a sour taste with me and if given a choice in the future the alternative might win.

So now I am liar am I. There are only about 10 people on here that have ordeed from Jessops out of over 500 orders, you do the math on that one!
As I said I am simply stating facts! Jessops do NOT know what numbers they are going to receive. DJI are sending them out in very small numbers at the moment, this applies to ALL places selling them.
I did not say that you are a liar. I just asked why you are protecting them so.

To respond,
I have not seen it on any media..... Several online tech sites. One tabloid ran the story as well I think but its irrelevant if you have not seen it :)
I have spoken to jessops when I first ordered and was told November and that they were expecting 2 deliveries in November. OK, this still might happen, its only the 8th and the next one will hopefully be bigger. They were promised these deliveries by DJI but it is DJI that have let them down, not Jessops it's Customers as it si out of Jessops hands.
I have used the chat window twice and once I was told I was order number 277 by "David" but could not tell me how many had been dispatched and also it was conflicting that someone who apparently ordered after me was 260 in line. All the above has been posted in this thread. Already said there are most probably 2 lists, one for the Mavic Pro and one for the Fly More Combo, that is the only thing that makes sense here.

Proactive communciation would go a long way I am sure to make customers feel that they are not being ignored. Why go to the extreme of "everyday" as you put it. One, just One in a while would have been acceptable but no they have chosen not to send out anything without being prompted. I have received at least one e-mail without prompt but it may have been before you ordered so cannot say if any have been send out without prompt but I believe someone mentioned receiving one although perhaps they e-mailed them first.

I am confident that if they are not able to tell me on the 8th of a month if I am going to be in receipt of my Drone in this current month then it is very unlikely I am....... Don't know what industry you are from or your background but an organisation like Jessops would want to know what forecast of sales they are likely to achieve in a month and 750 (that they claim to have on order) minimum £750K revenue would be on an agenda of the FD to understand what sales are going to be processed for this month. Of course they want to know but that's the whole point!!!! DJI are NOT telling them (and only sending out small undisclosed numbers). If they did tell them then we would not be having this conversation as you would know exactly when you would get your Mavic.

On a positive note and to my original point "they are simple appalling in communicating with their clients" we agree on ... Hooray..... Having purchased various things from Jessops in the past 20 years, unfortunately this experience has left a sour taste with me and if given a choice in the future the alternative might win.

See above in red

Granted though, Jessops can handle this better so hopefully a lesson learnt by them.

I did not say that you are a liar. I just asked why you are protecting them so.

OK, maybe not called but certainly implied.

WIth this;

and this
Especially for you sent one Mavic?

This is either implying that I am lying about receiving the Mavic or that for some reason they sent me one to protect them on here, this is also not true!

For the last time, there is nothing to protect Jessops over, they DO NOT KNOW how many they are going to receive and when they will receive them. They cannot give you information they do not have. You just have to wait patiently like I did from the 29th September, you will get one and believe me it is worth waiting for!

OK, maybe not called but certainly implied.

WIth this;

and this

This is either implying that I am lying about receiving the Mavic or that for some reason they sent me one to protect them on here, this is also not true!

For the last time, there is nothing to protect Jessops over, they DO NOT KNOW how many they are going to receive and when they will receive them. They cannot give you information they do not have. You just have to wait patiently like I did from the 29th September, you will get one and believe me it is worth waiting for!
I see. If I got Mavic. I would have no one to prove anything. Just I wrote that he had received. You are trying to convince everyone that there is no guilt jessops here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots