DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Jumpy video..

Bcornell11

Reactions
Hey guys newbie here, hoping this is just an operator error but when I let off the throttle the video jumps and sometimes will knock the focus out. Am I just letting off the throttle too fast and need to ease off of it? Or maybe there is gimbal error? Thanks advance

Hey guys newbie here, hoping this is just an operator error but when I let off the throttle the video jumps and sometimes will knock the focus out. Am I just letting off the throttle too fast and need to ease off of it? Or maybe there is gimbal error? Thanks advance
It's the dynamic braking stopping the aircraft aggressively and the gimbal can't quite compensate.
Either be smoother on the sticks or lower your braking gains in the app - be aware though if you do this the Mavic will require more distance to stop!

Reactions: dam
The Mavic Pro takes longer to decelerate than the Phantom series even with the braking gain turned up to 100 percent on the Mavic.

Yea I'll probably practice more with the throttle rather than tweaking the braking. Pretty ironic you answered this as my nickename back in the day was Bdog hhaaha

gimbal lock is off looks like i need to just ease off the throttle when at high speed

There is no foam piece with the Mavic. It's due to the gimbal design. Not as much travel compared to the Phantoms.
Ah.... I thought I read somewhere that someone said there was a foam piece (like on the Phantoms)... oh well, that would have been an ez fix...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair