DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

June 30th for 7,85' version

Xblog

Reactions
Dji support said (on chat) june 30th for 7,85' version. No date for 5,5' ...

hmm ... preorder, order or shipping?

Why bother? If you can't use them with 3rd party apps, waste of time and money!

Why bother? If you can't use them with 3rd party apps, waste of time and money!

For me it's all about being able to see the screen in bright sun light. Most of my gigs are during the day and lining up for a good shot can be very challenging with glare/reflection or the screen (I use a 9.7 Ipad Pro on a P4P) just getting blacked out from the sun. Covers and shades are cumbersome and don't always work. I preordered a 7.85 Ultra (2000 nits) from B&H. The monitor will pay for itself in 1 or 2 gigs (I hope). I do hope it ships soon and we don't go through the whole Mavic mess again.

For me it's all about being able to see the screen in bright sun light. Most of my gigs are during the day and lining up for a good shot can be very challenging with glare/reflection or the screen (I use a 9.7 Ipad Pro on a P4P) just getting blacked out from the sun. Covers and shades are cumbersome and don't always work. I preordered a 7.85 Ultra (2000 nits) from B&H. The monitor will pay for itself in 1 or 2 gigs (I hope). I do hope it ships soon and we don't go through the whole Mavic mess again.
Again, if you only use the 'not very good' app from DJI, then fine. But if you use 3rd party apps for complex missions, it won't work!

Again, if you only use the 'not very good' app from DJI, then fine. But if you use 3rd party apps for complex missions, it won't work!
I've never had an issue with DJI Go. Most of my flights are all manual anyway. I barely ever use Litchi, or any IFM for that matter. So the monitor will be an asset for me when flying.

Reactions: TMB Aerial

I hear you but my missions don't get "complex" beyond setting waypoints and having the drone fly the path. other then that I fly it manually and for that I need to be able to see what I am doing. In this case a high nit monitor is perfect for my needs.

Looks like preorders are available except from DJI....for now:
DJI CrystalSky Monitor - 7.85" High Brightness | Advexure

I'm already using my $800 ipad air 2 primarily for flying, so with a screen brightness nearly 5 times brighter, I think it's worth it. If it's running Android OS, why wouldn't it be able to run 3rd party apps?

You do realize that the link you posted is for the 7.85 High Brightness. (Which IS available on DJIs site) and NOT for the 7.85 Ultra Bright.

Yes, but who uses the dji apps anyway.?
I use FPV Camera for my missions and I would like to use the 2000 nit 7.85 inch screen. I fear the 1000 nit screen is not bright enough.
Planning a waypoint mission with the dji app is counter productive. Having to fly the mission manually first to set the waypoints is just archaic and stupid. Plus it wastes batteries.

Looks like preorders are available except from DJI....for now:
DJI CrystalSky Monitor - 7.85" High Brightness | Advexure

I'm already using my $800 ipad air 2 primarily for flying, so with a screen brightness nearly 5 times brighter, I think it's worth it. If it's running Android OS, why wouldn't it be able to run 3rd party apps?

Yes, pre-orders are open on the 7.85" models and are quite heavy.

So Crystalsky 5,5 is available !

Correct, 5.5" models are shipping and they're arriving every few days. Right now orders on the 5.5" here at Advexure are being filled within about 2-3 days.

Buy DJI CrystalSky 5.5" Monitor – Ships within a couple of days!

Any further questions just give us a shout. Safe flying! :cool:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143