DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just an idea

JohnMFord

Reactions
With all of the compatibility issues with phones/tablets posted on these forums, I wonder if the folks at DJI have ever considered producing their own dedicated graphics device solely for use with their drones. It could be sold as an add for folks that either do not own a smartphone or would rather not use their own phone/tablet. It would solve the compatibility issues since they would control the design and the programming. They could leave the software open source for apps like Litchi. Or perhaps, some third party could produce such a device but I don't know what issues would be involved with that. Just a thought.

johnf

Or you can just use a iPhone.

Most people aren't going to want to spend another $XXX on a device when they already have the best version in their pocket, but if you do, it's coming.

CrystalSky

Last edited:
With all of the compatibility issues with phones/tablets posted on these forums, I wonder if the folks at DJI have ever considered producing their own dedicated graphics device solely for use with their drones. It could be sold as an add for folks that either do not own a smartphone or would rather not use their own phone/tablet. It would solve the compatibility issues since they would control the design and the programming. They could leave the software open source for apps like Litchi. Or perhaps, some third party could produce such a device but I don't know what issues would be involved with that. Just a thought.

johnf
Uh...they (DJI) already have a dedicated device on the P4P+ and will soon have CrystalSky
Whether or not they open the source code is another story

Thank you to everyone who responded. I was not aware of the Crystal Sky device. I started this thread for exactly this type of info. As far as owning an Iphone, I don't have any kind of smartphone, and actually the only reason I would is if I ever own a Mavic. I have no other use for such a device. I guess I'm just one of those people. Thanks.

johnf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143