DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just bought Mavic, saw the forced firmware, what are my options?

N

nickmavic

I just bought a Mavic and it arrives Friday. I already downloaded the DJI Go 4 app, but that's it.

I see all this madness about forced handicapping if you don't update, etc. I also see that someone has captured the 400 firmware so it won't get lost.

Do I need to take any immediate action right now to "secure" my drone? Do I need to register an account now, or what?

Just looking for recommendations.

Thanks!

"saw the forced firmware"

Unless this came directly from DJI, I wouldn't put too much confidence in it. DJI has never forced firmware to be installed in the past.

Howdy Nick, I have done every update since getting my mavic with no problems. I use either my iPad mini 4 or iPhone 7 plus. Have fun

What's up Nick
As Mr msinger said updates have never been forced (in the past), I am still on .400, very reliable so I have no intentions to update. When you get connected just tap gofly, wait for GPS and have fun!

Your Mavic will not be handicapped by not updating. If you update and then not re activate then it will be handicapped. If you dont update then you should have no worries.

Not to worry - this firmware registration thing is not unusual for software packages. People just get a little antsy here, which is understandable. Having concerned people all in the same virtual room amplifies the sense of mistrust to the point where we are seeing the sum of everyone's fears.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929