DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just curious about buying and cancel order from Apple store.

yongming

Reactions
I'm thinking about to cancel my mavic order from Apple store (local pick up) and order direct from dji official website.
Because I didn't think about getting charged tax which is almost 100$. And plus it seems like shipping date is getting delayed tok.

When does apple finally charge my order for buying mavic? For now it's been pending tho.
My order is 10/1 from Apple and i still don't know when I'm gonna receive a notification from Apple to pick it up.

Please give me your advices

Sent from my SM-N910T using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I'm thinking about to cancel my mavic order from Apple store (local pick up) and order direct from dji official website.
Because I didn't think about getting charged tax which is almost 100$. And plus it seems like shipping date is getting delayed tok.

When does apple finally charge my order for buying mavic? For now it's been pending tho.
My order is 10/1 from Apple and i still don't know when I'm gonna receive a notification from Apple to pick it up.

One of the reasons I ordered from dji was because of the taxes.

If I were you I would keep the apple order and go ahead and order straight from dji.

At this point, it's anybody's guess when apple will get their supply of mavics and start shipping or allowing pick ups.

That's the gamble you would take. Here in the LA are the soonest you can pick one up from an Apple Store is 12/14. According to their website.

and amazon is saying starts
shipping Nov 15th for current orders

I went with Aventure as there was no shipping or sales tax and they seem a bit more straight forward

Last edited:
I ordered from apple and tried to cancel and was unable to .... but I choose send to home ... maybe pickup to store is easy ... I tried cancelling within 1 min of ordering and was told it was in preparing for shipping when I told them it wasn't shipping till November they said they would escalate and nothing ever happened

and amazon is saying starts
shipping Nov 15th for current orders
My Amazon order showed the same thing. It shipped today though.

Here's what they told me last night in chat:

Ordering Mavic Pro drone. I would like to know whether my card will be charged before it ships and whether I can cancel the order before it ships. Delivery date has been changing and I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't arrive for months.

Eric:
Hey there! I'm Eric, welcome to Apple. I'll be happy to help you with your payment and delivery questions today.

Eric:
That’s a great question as well. You won’t be charged until the order ships and you can also cancel the order before it ships too. So that’s not a problem at all.

It's a lie. You won't be charged till it ships, but you definitely can't cancel. I have two orders with them and they will not allow me to cancel. I have to receive it and return it was what I was told. Apparently it's a direct order with dji so there systems can't cancel, it requires manual intervention with a senior customer rep to contact dji to manually cancel. Note: I can only confirm this is the case if you ship to home and not store pick up

Here's what they told me last night in chat:

Ordering Mavic Pro drone. I would like to know whether my card will be charged before it ships and whether I can cancel the order before it ships. Delivery date has been changing and I don't want to get stuck with something that doesn't arrive for months.

Eric:
Hey there! I'm Eric, welcome to Apple. I'll be happy to help you with your payment and delivery questions today.

Eric:
That’s a great question as well. You won’t be charged until the order ships and you can also cancel the order before it ships too. So that’s not a problem at all.

It's a lie. You won't be charged till it ships, but you definitely can't cancel. I have two orders with them and they will not allow me to cancel. I have to receive it and return it was what I was told. Apparently it's a direct order with dji so there systems can't cancel, it requires manual intervention with a senior customer rep to contact dji to manually cancel. Note: I can only confirm this is the case if you ship to home and not store pick up

I actually cancelled an order last night. I originally ordered for delivery to my house but wanted to change for in-store pickup so I wouldn't have to worry about being at home when it delivered. Apple chat rep said I couldn't change delivery, but to cancel the order and reorder with in-store pickup. I could not cancel online, but the message told me to call 1-800-MYAPPLE. I called that number and canceled with no problem. I then reordered online with in-store delivery.

Did you talk to a live person or did you just try to cancel online?

I finally ordered one more mavic from dji official store. I know it's way too late to order lol
I got some more questions about my order. Iflight technology is dji right? Cuz it's showed on my transaction.
And does anyone know how do I get dji credit? Earning credit?

Apple charged my credit card immediately when I ordered. I didn't have the option to cancel the order online, so I called in and cancelled. But 5 hours later, it's still showing as "processing." So, YMMV.

Apple charged my credit card immediately when I ordered. I didn't have the option to cancel the order online, so I called in and cancelled. But 5 hours later, it's still showing as "processing." So, YMMV.

It will show as processing even if they don't charge it. That's how they ensure you've got the credit. If you canceled, it should clear within a day or two. I cancelled my first order last night and it's still showing as pending. I reordered with a different credit card and that's also showing as pending and will show as pending until it ships which could be over a month away. If yours changes to charged or the pending charge doesn't go away after another day or two contact Apple and then your bank. You should be ok though, things just have to have time to clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Deppisch
It will show as processing even if they don't charge it. That's how they ensure you've got the credit. If you canceled, it should clear within a day or two. I cancelled my first order last night and it's still showing as pending. I reordered with a different credit card and that's also showing as pending and will show as pending until it ships which could be over a month away. If yours changes to charged or the pending charge doesn't go away after another day or two contact Apple and then your bank. You should be ok though, things just have to have time to clear.
This so weird. Apple store charged my cc and it showed pending for a while and then tonight I noticed they did samething..I ordered Oct 1st and it's local pick up...
Btw I haven't cancelled my order yet...

This so weird. Apple store charged my cc and it showed pending for a while and then tonight I noticed they did samething..I ordered Oct 1st and it's local pick up...
Btw I haven't cancelled my order yet...

They probably had to reauthorize the transaction at the end of the billing cycle. It shouldn't show up as an actual charge until it ships. It should just show up as "pending" or "processing".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada