DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just Figured Out How To Post My First Video

RgrDat

Reactions
It's not the greatest, but I'm getting better every time I'm up in the air. Enjoy.

Very nice shots, and well edited. Which editor did you use, and was this color graded D-Log or...? I enjoyed watching, thanks.

At 50sec there some flicker, shot with a different frame rate to the other scenes?

I couldn't get it to go full screen from the forum, so pulled the link out to Vimeo if anyone else needs it...

vimeo.com/135900783

Very nice shots, and well edited. Which editor did you use, and was this color graded D-Log or...? I enjoyed watching, thanks.

At 50sec there some flicker, shot with a different frame rate to the other scenes?

I couldn't get it to go full screen from the forum, so pulled the link out to Vimeo if anyone else needs it...

--------

Thanks. I used FCPX, but it was minimal editing (I'm also pretty new to that process as well). I shot it in D-Log, did some minor color grading (in FCPX), & the flicker, I imagine, is just the camera re-focusing (which it does quite a bit sometimes when shooting landscape scenes). I'll post another soon, and I'd love feedback, good or bad, I'm just trying to get better. Despite my minimal time, I've got the bug for both flying and editing. Anyway, you'll hear from me soon.

Thanks. I used FCPX, but it was minimal editing (I'm also pretty new to that process as well). I shot it in D-Log, did some minor color grading (in FCPX), & the flicker, I imagine, is just the camera re-focusing (which it does quite a bit sometimes when shooting landscape scenes). I'll post another soon, and I'd love feedback, good or bad, I'm just trying to get better. Despite my minimal time, I've got the bug for both flying and editing. Anyway, you'll hear from me soon.

Sooooooo, as it turns out...the title of this post is incorrect. I did NOT learn how to post my first video. I posted some random video that popped up on my Vimeo homepage. I just signed up there maybe 5 min earlier so I'll play the ignorance card. I just wanted to apologize...THE VIDEO ABOVE IS NOT MY VIDEO. I'm not that good yet.

AlwaysAWOL...thanks for the kind words, but I don't deserve them. Sorry bro.

Sooooooo, as it turns out...the title of this post is incorrect. I did NOT learn how to post my first video. I posted some random video that popped up on my Vimeo homepage. I just signed up there maybe 5 min earlier so I'll play the ignorance card. I just wanted to apologize...THE VIDEO ABOVE IS NOT MY VIDEO. I'm not that good yet.

AlwaysAWOL...thanks for the kind words, but I don't deserve them. Sorry bro.

Haha :). Happens to the best of us! Cheers mate.

Haha :). Happens to the best of us! Cheers mate.

I posted the actual video I originally meant to in this same forum under "Wrong Video" if you'd like to see how much worse the real video is vs the one I accidentally posted. Cheers.

So what's the secret to actually posting a video? Yep, you guessed it. I'm new here

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've found that the best way is to create a Vimeo account, upload the video there, then click the share button...it will give you a link url and an embed url...copy the embed url and then when you click the picture or video logo above the text box when creating a post it'll ask you what the URL is for your pic/video.

*if it's a pic you click on either the pic itself or the full size/thumbnail button after its done uploading and it will show up in the post (I can't remember which forum has which)

Let me know if that works for you...god knows I had enough freakin' trouble doing it

I opened an account with Vimeo and now I can't upload videos to there. Guess I'll stay will still photos.

I opened an account with Vimeo and now I can't upload videos to there. Guess I'll stay will still photos.

Can you not upload to Vimeo bc you exceeded their 500mb limit for the free account? What does it say when you try?

It says something went wrong, please try again. However, the video is like 22.5mb so I don't think that's the problem

It says something went wrong, please try again. However, the video is like 22.5mb so I don't think that's the problem

This may be the blind leading the blind here...but if your video is only 22.5 mb, maybe you don't have it in a supported format. I generally have to cut mine short or render them in H.264 in FCPX in order for them to be under a gig. Perhaps it's just an odd, unsupported file type, or more likely, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Either way, I hope someone can help you out...

Cheers

It's not the greatest, but I'm getting better every time I'm up in the air. Enjoy.

I cant even get mine to take a video, never mind figure out how to post it. I have had my mavic for 6 weeks and it has yet to take a video..... photos no problem.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent