DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got new mavic. Few hints and tips please.

evilpug

Reactions
Total flight time: 30 minutes, 5-7 times total.

1. I updated to latest firmware without reading any forums topics. But more I read, more I am scared to fly my DJI Mavic Pro. Should I downgrade and if so how?

2. I got it from store (abt electronics) in hurry without any insurance. I see lots of topics about parts replacement when mavic breaks and such. Do I need to get some additional insurance or DJI will cover it?

3. I mainly bought mavic because I travel a lot. I am going on vacation, south east Asia from US, next week and plan to use Mavic there, in beginner mode most likely lol. Will new firmware create any issue?

4. I don't hear any noise from the my SD card video but I can hear voices from the same files saved from in my phone.

Thank you in advance folks :)

You're locally cached video (like in your phone) will record audio, the Mavic will not.If you don't like this option you can turn it off in the app.

1. I updated to latest firmware without reading any forums topics. But more I read, more I am scared to fly my DJI Mavic Pro. Should I downgrade and if so how?

Dont downgrade if it's flying ok. Many reports of people not having any issues with .700 firmware.

2. I got it from store (abt electronics) in hurry without any insurance. I see lots of topics about parts replacement when mavic breaks and such. Do I need to get some additional insurance or DJI will cover it?

State Farm sells drone damage and loss insurance. Check with your local agent for availability. It's $60 a year with no deductible in most states. DJI sells Refresh. How long ago did you buy it? If it's more than 48 hours ago, you will have to provide proof that the bird is still in one piece. Here's the link:

DJI_Care Customer Upload Information

3. I mainly bought mavic because I travel a lot. I am going on vacation, south east Asia from US, next week and plan to use Mavic there, in beginner mode most likely lol. Will new firmware create any issue?

No. Just remember to obey local laws, and dont fly too close to temples if there are monks present.

4. I don't hear any noise from the my SD card video but I can hear voices from the same files saved from in my phone.

The Mavic doesnt have a mic, thats your phone recording the sound. The files on your phone are low res, SD card are high res.

I updated to latest firmware without reading any forums topics. But more I read, more I am scared to fly my DJI Mavic Pro. Should I downgrade and if so how?
I installed the current firmware (1.3.700) shortly after it was released. All has been working well for me so far.

If you're interested in downgrading though, you can easily do that with the DJI Assistant 2 app. You can download it from the Mavic downloads page.

I had to calibrate controller and IMU because my mavic would drift slightly to the right during straight flights. It fixed it and all movements are made by me now lol. Here's a video of my bird in action to give you an idea of the 1080p quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots