DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got the DJI ND Filters for the Mavic

Ikopta

Reactions
Arrived yesterday, and impressed, BUT! Wheres the case???? Would have paid a few extra nuggets if they would have finished the job off!

Also received mine yesterday, feel exactly the same as you, no case, cloth, bag etc, just floating around in plastic film. Two of mine were really squashed into each other too. Really flimsy. Not impressed so far.

I really appreciate Ikopta's post and the included video about the DJI line of ND filters. The points raised in the video review about using those particular filters because they were engineered specifically for the Mavic, the DJI warranty concerns, the tremendous benefit ND filters offer, and others raised in the video are illuminating, helpful and on target.

Right now in the USA, at least, getting Mavic ND filters seems to be hard to do as every outlet I've tried recently is back ordered, including DJI itself. I did purchase a 6-piece filter set from a company called Neewer that had a limited supply of their version of Mavic ND filters. Their product description guaranteed complete compatibility with the MP and said their filters could be mounted during gimbal startup, something that not every third-party ND filter manufacturer can claim.

However, when I mounted one of the filters on my drone and powered it up, I immediately received a motor overload warning and a gimbal error message on screen, so I powered things down and removed the filter. Suffice it to say, they're going back to where they came from.

I am used to using ND filters to help achieve optimal image captures (for greater ISO, exposure and shutter speed control) and can't wait until I can get a set for my Mavic. Although, as has been posted in this thread, a case for the DJI ND filters would be nice to have, and to me it should be included with the purchase same as they are when you buy ND filters from other sellers. Scratched or bent delicate filters are not a benefit to anyone. Thanks for the info.

Only comment I would add, leave the gimbal clamp on, turn the Mavic up side down, for fitting and removing these, and any other filter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CC Rider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54