DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just got word that Carolina Dronz... is delayed

skypros

Reactions
Hi All, Just got word (10/17 @ 9:30am PST) that the Mavic Pros from Carolina Dronz... is delayed until "sometime" in November, and this is true for ALL dealers.
So NOBODY is going to receive their Mavic Pros in October..... as NO dealer is going to be receiving them.

Hi All, Just got word (10/17 @ 9:30am PST) that the Mavic Pros from Carolina Dronz... is delayed until "sometime" in November, and this is true for ALL dealers.
So NOBODY is going to receive their Mavic Pros in October..... as NO dealer is going to be receiving them.

Unless you ordered from DJI, round one?

If DJI does what they've been doing in the past, they will ship to many customers before the first dealers receive stock.

... as NO dealer is going to be receiving them.
How do you know this? It seems possible that large retailers such as Apple or Best Buy might have priority over small vendors and see stock sooner.

How do you know this? It seems possible that large retailers such as Apple or Best Buy might have priority over small vendors and see stock sooner.

That's just it, NO ONE knows, everything is hearsay right now.

Reactions: Dennis
The advexure website which looks to be a sponsor of the forums here says:
The Mavic Drone will start shipping in mid to late October. As one of DJI’s largest tier one Authorized Dealers we will be the first to receive this hot new drone.
So unless they are lying they say their are a tier one dealer so maybe they get drones at the same time as the other large retailers.

I don't believe any retailer will have these sooner than Apple stores. That would be just foolish on their part, and Apples part, for being a new partner. Being associated with Apple is the golden ticket for DJI.

Reactions: Steven Connell
Carolina Dronz, sent out a general email today..... and gave a small update

Copy and pasted from the email:
we want to let you know what we know about the DJI Mavic. As of now, we expect to receive our order sometime in the middle of November. We still do not have an exact date. We promise to provide you any updates we receive as soon as we get them. Rest assured that we will work hard to ship out your orders as soon as we receive our shipment.

Reactions: ajg_kestrel_PFAW
I don't believe any retailer will have these sooner than Apple stores. That would be just foolish on their part, and Apples part, for being a new partner. Being associated with Apple is the golden ticket for DJI.

New Egg which is a retail dealer has already sent out numerous Mavic Pro's to early customers.

Just received a update on "our" Carolina Dronz orders.
This sucks, But I totally understand the position they are in (as most dealers). However it would be nice if CD included a small store credit..... Or maybe a Remote Control "stick guard" Gift for being so Patient :)

Per the email I received 11/21/16

DJI had initially committed to shipping our order to us on November 14th.

We did not receive a tracking number and had no communication from them until recently. They delayed our shipment but assure us that we will receive our full order next week. Once we receive the order, we can begin shipping them to you, our valued customers.

We cannot apologize enough for the continued delay. Unfortunately, we are
at the mercy of DJI. What we can do, however, is work hard to get every customer order shipped out as quickly as possible upon receiving our order. We promise to do exactly that!

Yeah yeah, next week will be next week and then the next. I know it's not CD fault.

But since, I already have my mavic I will go ahead and cancel my order with them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme