DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just need to vent. Horrible CS

I have multiple drones (inspire, MP, p3p) as well as osmo raw etc. to ensure my customer base is taken care of but my main gripe is I essentially put two orders in for the MP one fly more and one basically a fly more without the case and car charger.... They split that order up and I received the drone in decent time but I've been in a battle of wits with CS for over 3 weeks as each one tells me it will ship within 3 days of me contacting each chat rep... Well I finally sent a scolding email to dji explaining that they were costing me time and money ( at the very least the batteries would be useful) and within n 24hrs of sending said email my parts (which I was told were out of stock or being made by multiple reps) have shipped from California and are on their way... This company isn't a bad company... Just seems to have a lost connection between customer service and actual shipping department... They're a multi million dollar company and they get your money as soon as you order so time is in their hands not yours and your kinda just screwed if you want anything within n the time "guidelines" they specify on their website..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Just got this email from DJI
b4933b592c4fdc984f7da63ad09b78a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Okay, who said this isn't a bad company ? This is a very poorly run company that deceives customers all day long

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

Reactions: joshnl
Okay, who said this isn't a bad company ? This is a very poorly run company that deceives customers all day long

Flying a Mavic Pro with an Acer Iconia One 7" tablet running latest Android OS

What's the model number I wanna get one of them for FPV with that hdmi output

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I purchased the Mavic recently to capture footage of the numerous Mardi Gras parades and events this season. I had contacted numerous parading associations and had worked out a deal to provide exclusive coverage of their parades and had coordinated with local law enforcement to do this safely and legally. There are over 20 parades and events that I had planned to cover. These events began last week and continue for another week. I have already missed two parades and will miss 4 more this weekend if I do not get a working aircraft by Saturday morning.

On Friday, January 13th, I had a 20ft discrepancy in altitude during a WP mission and clipped a treetop with my Mavic. I was not really happy with the inaccurate altitude reading. Flight logs show an altitude of 100ft when I hit a 75ft tree. The gimbal was trashed along with bent arms, a broken battery and multiple errors so I had to send my MP into DJI for repairs.

My MP was received, evaluated and I received a quote quickly for $999 or I could use my refresh. In the interest of saving time I did not dispute and I paid my replacement fee immediately expecting a quick return of a new MP but it got held up for days in repair and testing which I don’t quite understand because it was to be replaced under refresh not repaired. Then it went through QC. I finally received my replacement on February 8th. It was not packaged well. They just stuck another MP in the box i sent them with none of the extra protective packageing. The whole unit was somewhat dirty with none of the protective stickers and looked well used. The controller battery was completely dead. After charging the controller I turned it on. The gimble wouldn't initialize and showed motor overload error. The settings still had someone else's name and flight data. I did all the calibrations and updates with no improvement.

I do not understand why I received a broken used Mavic. When I received a quote for repair, the invoice said the cost was $999.00 which is the retail price for a new aircraft with new battery (mine was damaged in crash) and controller. It was not an invoice for a refurbished unit or a new aircraft by itself, it was an invoice for a complete new Mavic at $999 (I guess mine was totalled)
I did not receive a new aircraft as the invoice indicated that I would, nor did I receive an aircraft that was tested and working even though it was supposedly repaired, tested and checked by QC according to their site.

I got on chat to explain the situation to the rep who was very nice. They apologized and said they would open an escalated case and stated they would email me a 2day Air return label within 2 days. A glimmer of hope, but 2 days later nothing. I got back on chat and received the label during the chat session after complaining. I also called and spoke with DJI and stressed the importance of having a working MP before the 19th. He said the case was already accelerated and he would make a note that I needed it by the 17th. I Had it to UPS within 30min. Because of the weekend, it took 4 days. It was delivered there Tuesday morning at 9:25am and was not "received" until late Wednesday after I got back on chat and asked why it was taking so long. What is the use of a 2day priority shipment if you let it sit for 2 days before opening it? Last night I received another email from DJI saying that the damage has been assessed and that I could expect an invoice in two to three days. An invoice? For what? DJI sent me a broken drone! And why will it take 2 or 3 days? I thought escalating a claim meant something.

I was initially happy that the rep escalated the claim and I had high hopes of getting it back in time but after the slow processing of the label, it just sitting there for two days waiting to be received and now being expected to wait 2-3 more days before anything else is done, I am becoming disheartened and my hopes are dwindling. I spent a lot of time effort and money setting these shoots up. I have already missed 2 parades and it looks like I'm going to miss them all. Is this typical accelerated service? I love DJI products and was going to use the revenue from this series of shoots to purchase an Inspire2 but I am very unhappy with the service so far and am now rethinking my plans.

I emailed support this morning again stressing the bad position they placed me in and have not heard anything. They could have done the right thing and overnighted me a new MP but nothing but silence! I will be glad when other companies catch up on technology and offer us some choices.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Sorry to hear this. DJI is legendary for their bad service.

Reactions: joshnl
Sometimes ordering directly from dji isn't the best experience. I ordered mine from Newegg in January and received it within a week.
Right now the MP is a hot item, supply and demand has a definite effect on customer service. If the MP wasn't as popular and in demand as it is now, dji would be overstocked and bending over backwards to help.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Same, except I haven't received my repair. The object avoidance didn't work, I was testing it in broad daylight against the side of a garage, this was no stray twig. Gimbal wouldn't initialize correctly, and I lost a prop, and a hairline crack on the end of a single arm, the 'wing' over hinge... that damage is just cosmetic.

Since I'm leaving for Maui in a few days (almost 4 weeks after I sent it in), I didn't wait for the pre-paid label, I went to FedEx and overnighted it for $160. I just sent the body, no battery, no controller, no props. My shipment was received and signed for at 10am the next day. It showed 'received' 2 days later, then diagnostic took forever.

The repair quote FINALLY came back stating I needed new body casings, 4 arms, a new gimbal, props, and a battery. I didn't want to get held up arguing, so I figured I could always use an extra battery and props, although I didn't understand all the other 'repairs', I just paid the $460. We finally got to 'under repair, will take 3-4 working days'... it's been 11.

Multiple chats, told the repair center has no phone #... I pressed for. eta, they kept repeating 'you will receive an email when it ships'. Called, spoke with a supervisor, problem was 'they're out of parts, shipment expected today'. Same offer to expedite (as prior 2 chat reps), same inability to call for eta, unwillingness to commit to a 2nd day air once repaired. But a promise to email them and personally get me an email with ETA based on my position on their list (despite taking 20 mins to admit there WAS a list). No email. Non-refundable plane tix, and booked to photograph whales over the ocean.

I have never in my life experienced such an apathetic, irresponsible USELESS customer service, I swear my first thought was to move to California and get a job running their c/s department, I would be their messiah. Then again, so would any random 3rd grader.

It's deplorable. The more I read the more disgusted I get. They deceived (outright lied) from the moment of the pre launch all the way through to today. They pump out emails promising 3-5 days shipment and the actual shipments are all over the place. Just enough to create a few positive followers and the rest have to battle through a useless chat/help desk. The people have no information. The company is massively disorganized with no knowledge of what is in queue to be shipped. My second Mavic showed SHIPPED and they sent one set of props from the US. The only reason I know the rest of the $ 1,400 dollar order shipped was because of an email from DHL as I am a registered client. Now these new stories are appearing about the back end (warranty and repair) side of the company where 'sorry we have no parts' is the word of the day. Reports of scavenged parts being used for repairs ( who does that ? ) and again, deception around turn around times.

I have refresh and hope like heck that I never plonk my drone and have to suffer through a repair like I have the ordering/expediting/tracking process.

There is only one thing that will fix DJI and that is competition. Guaranteed now that the design and concept are in the public domain ( patent protection in China ? Yeah, okay ) competition will really step up and in one to two years, they will change their tune. I have seen multiple posts and counter posts about the values of Chinese companies vs Western companies and they are very different. We in Western economies are expecting a customer centric experience however this will not generally exist with a Chinese company. I lived in China for four years, speak Mandarin and have a good idea from a first person perspective around this. When I lived there (and likely continuing to today) there is major customer service training going on in these companies to 'emulate' the Western experience because it is not a core value.

I too am in the same situation. I bought a mavic opened the box to find that the back of the gimbal had broken off. Looked all over in the box for the part and couldn't find it anywhere. Come to find out it had made its way inside the mavic. I could hear it when I shook the mavic. So needless to say I was not going to fly it because I don't know what it could effect inside there. Called DJI sat on hold for over an hour for them to tell me that they would send me a return label in two days. Two days later nothing. Not wanting to sit on hold again I used the online chat. They told me that they are working on it and that I would have I the next day. Waited intel around 4:30 still nothing. Got back on chat and was told that the label was sent. Found out that it was sent to the wrong email because of a typo then I was told I would have it the next day. Around noon still nothing got back on chat and finally got it. Got it in the mail within the hour.
It was sent in on 2/6 didn't get received until 2/15 and I still have not herd anything.
Bought it at the end of January got it in the beginning of February now it sits in the warehouse and I have still not got to fly it. I watch videos of people flying and at first I was so excited now I just hope to get a working model.

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Glad I read this string!!
I assumed the DJI "Refresh" would exchange a new unit for one that I damaged ... I'm going to cancel Refresh and send drone(s) to Drone Nerds for repair, or buy a new one. They did a quick, fairly inexpensive, repair on my P3A and had me flying within 10 days. I understand customer service is better if you communicate via email than chat .. any others w. experience??

I'll keep updating on mine with pictures so everyone can see how tough of a time THEY may have

Well my first mavic was delivered to DJI yesterday so let's see how long it takes them to look at it cook up some form of price and email me.. other than my blurry spot in the camera that drone was 100% mint... anything other than a new camera will be considered scam. Will keep others informed.......

So looks like there going to replace my camera and gimbal for free but the email said 101 for camera and gimbal and 65 for the hour so 166.00 us but as it says for free sofar I'm happy plus I sent it in and never bothered them and they seem to be moving there butts

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

Can concur. Got a defective unit and dealing with CS in Carson was mind numbingly awful.

The agent did mention they are getting 4-5 pallets a day worth of defective mavics so it could be they are overloaded.

Unfrikenbeliveable machine when it's working but dji customer service is a dysfunctional joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: ablack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000