DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased Litchi

As I use my MP also work related (building a power station in Africa), it's nice to set a path with pre-programmed POI so over a period of time, I have the same pictures in a timeline. Easier than in DJI GS Pro. I let yoy know next week. First factory inspection at Siemens in Berlin

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: boone
Yes, please give us an update on how Lichti works. I, too, am interested in purchasing it but have held off because I haven't been too happy with some of the third-party aftermarket products I have gotten for my Mavic.

For example, I purchased the lift-up landing gear for my Mavic knowing it made sense to keep the camera, gimbal, props, etc., as far away from the ground as possible. The first and only time I installed them was to use them after a recent snowfall. The product info claimed the lift kit gave greater landing and takeoff stability for the Mavic. However, when I landed on the exact same surface (my gravel driveway) and landing mat I've used often since I purchased my Mavic without incident, my Mavic tipped slightly as the rotors wound down and one prop knicked a single piece of gravel, splitting the prop. No big deal, but still an annoyance. It appeared to me the landing gear made the Mavic less stable on landing, as this was the first and only time I've had this problem.

A similar thing happened to me when I recently tried getting ND filters for my Mavic, which are back-ordered everywhere due to the current high demand for them. I finally found a 6-piece Mavic filter set on Amazon made by a company called Neewer. I checked out their website, they appeared legit, and their product info claimed their ND filters could be used on the Mavic Pro during startup, which not all Mavic ND filters can do if you read the fine print. So I bought them. But the first time I used one and powered up my Mavic, a motor overload error message instantly flashed onscreen followed by another warning message I cannot recall right now. So, no go with a third-party filter set with claims to be fully compatible with the Mavic.

I'm not an engineer, but I greatly appreciate the work they do and wish any add ons to their devices were developed and produced by them, in this case namely DJI. I would purchase such products with much greater confidence. I'm just at a point where I am balancing out DJI's engineering with non-DJI add ons. So far my luck hasn't been too good. So please post what your review of this App when you have the time.

Safe flying. And post some of that footage you'll be taking in Africa when you get the chance if you can. I'm sure a lot of us would enjoy seeing your subject matter, how you approached it, and the final results you end up with.

I bought Litchi already before my Mavic even arrived, just to be ready for flying with goggles. And there was a promotion action on Google Play Store with 50% off at this time.
Never regretted the buy for a second even if I would have paid the standard price.

Reactions: AliAs
To anyone, I also see an app called Autopilot that shows up with the search results when searching for Litchi on the App Store. It's slightly pricier but has better reviews. Can anyone comment?

I've read that the Litchi app didn't have the "autofocus" possibility. Is it right?

Litchi's my preferred app over Go, since its interface seems less cluttered on the viewing screen and my phone's battery lasts longer with it, and hasn't crashed on me once (Samsung Galaxy Note 4 w/ Android 6.0.2).

The last time I used DJI Go was to check my "sensors state" readings weeks ago, since Litchi doesn't have a place that shows IMU and compass readings that I'm aware of, and can only calibrate the compass, not IMU or gimbal.

Haven't flown with Go 4 in just over a month now, and my Mavic's been in the air almost every day.

Reactions: TimesTen
To anyone, I also see an app called Autopilot that shows up with the search results when searching for Litchi on the App Store. It's slightly pricier but has better reviews. Can anyone comment?

I use Autoflight Logic Autopilot and the truth is, you'll need at least a month or two or three to understand everything that it has to offer. Autopilot is VERY robust! From the videos I've seen with Litchi, I think you can download the software and hit the ground running. I'm not sure the same can be said for AutoPilot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that AutoPilot is inferior, I'm saying the complete opposite. My personal opinion is this, Litchi is like a 250cc Motorcycle, you buy one to learn to ride but once you get familiar with riding that 250 is not enough and you want to trade it in an upgrade to an 1100cc. In my opinion Autopilot is that 1100cc.

Reactions: hillbillyfpv
I use Autoflight Logic Autopilot and the truth is, you'll need at least a month or two or three to understand everything that it has to offer. Autopilot is VERY robust! From the videos I've seen with Litchi, I think you can download the software and hit the ground running. I'm not sure the same can be said for AutoPilot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that AutoPilot is inferior, I'm saying the complete opposite. My personal opinion is this, Litchi is like a 250cc Motorcycle, you buy one to learn to ride but once you get familiar with riding that 250 is not enough and you want to trade it in an upgrade to an 1100cc. In my opinion Autopilot is that 1100cc.

Have you used both Litchi and AutoPilot? What specific things do you use AutoPilot for where Litchi can't do it?

I don't use Litchi. When I was at the decision point about 18 months ago I decided to go with Autoflight Logic because it was more robust.

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
After seeing some YouTube vids, I bought Litchi. I think it does perfectly what I need.

Oyibo

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but when you're going to fly a Litchi mission, do you FIRST power up with DJI Go so it can do IMU calibrations, set the RTH point, etc? Or does Litchi do all that as well?

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but when you're going to fly a Litchi mission, do you FIRST power up with DJI Go so it can do IMU calibrations, set the RTH point, etc? Or does Litchi do all that as well?

My workflow is such. Launch Hover or something else, check flight restrictions, check KP index, Fire up bird, remote, app, etc. Take off, hover, check sats, check home point, check batteries, cam settings, etc. Then launch secondary flight app.

Reactions: nodnyl1904
After purchasing Autopilot, I don't use any of the other apps (Litchi / Flight Plan). Just DJI Go 4 and Autopilot

After purchasing Autopilot, I don't use any of the other apps (Litchi / Flight Plan). Just DJI Go 4 and Autopilot

I am considering giving Autopilot a try (currently using Litchi). Can you elaborate a bit on your choice and type of phone you use?

The settings made in DJI GO or GO 4.0, are used by Litchi for the most part, so
it pays to setup the drone with GO before using litchi.

Once this is done however, you dont need to start GO everytime.
you just use Litchi instead of GO.

Litchi still has 'most' of GO's settings, and more thus its appeal.
but to do things like an IMU calibrate you will need to startup GO every now and then

Reactions: nodnyl1904
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242