DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just purchased my first drone (Mavic Pro)!

ntouched

Reactions
My First Drone:

Well, technically it's my second drone. I purchased the Parrot Bebop 2 FPV drone kit at the Apple online store. Never took it out of the box (security seal in place) and returned it to Apple store yesterday. Decided, what the heck, may as well get the Mavic Pro. Purchased the Mavic this morning on the DJI site. States 5-7 days for shipping on the DJI site. I'm expecting it soon, as I live here in Southern California (Rancho Cucamonga), about an hour away from the DJI warehouse/ office/ service center.

I plan to read everything possible and will watch EVERY possible video prior to flying. I've been studying the do's and don'ts, as I'd like to make the best of this drone. Had to warm the wife up to the idea prior to buying (married guys, I'm sure you understand). Told her it's great for bonding time with my son (yeah, had to bribe the son to go along with my plan). Anyway, it worked!!! Expecting Mavic before the Chinese New Year.....

I'm open to any tips! Any drone flyers near Rancho Cucamonga, CA??? Thanks All!!!!

Probably not the most forgiving drone to fly in case of a crash..but the stability of the Mavic is hard to beat. If you have 30 or 50 bucks to spend, theres a ton of smaller aircraft to finkle with on amazon to learn the basics. Use the simulator as well, it's free and already in the DJI app.

Check your settings before every flight and understand options when using obstacle avoidance etc
This might help….

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest