DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just received my Mavic Pro tonight!

tangohuynh

Reactions
Just go my Mavic Pro tonight. It was late so I just turned on the drone to make sure it worked an turned on the remote as well to make sure it worked. Beyond that I haven't done much else.

Any gotchas with initial set up that I should watch for?

First post and excited to be part of this forum!

My advice is take your time ....

If you have not already done so then go here Mavic – Specs, FAQ, Tutorials and Downloads and download the latest full version of the Mavic user guide and read it in detail.

Stay in beginner mode on the drone until you have a few hours of flying under your belt and Please don't do your first flights in a confined space find a nice open field etc and enjoy it.

Do not forget the DJI Care Refresh 48hrs after first activation rule if you are interested in it. It's a hassle, though possible to get it after 48hrs.

Reactions: vdubbin1967
Pay close attention to your Go4 start up screen preflight. All sensors should be normal.
I, personally check the joystick positions for zero, on the calibration screen before my first flight.

If and When you need to update Firmware for your Mavic, make sure you update the Batteries as well, by installing each spare battery onto the quad, and updating when the app asks for it.

When you received your new Mavic did it have plastic sticky on the lens? The reason I ask is mine did not making me think it may be a refurb rather than new as I paid for. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Watch lots of videos like these and read the manuals and forum posts.

And if you have never flown a drone before you might want to watch this.

Rob

Reactions: Meer-Kat and mig
When you received your new Mavic did it have plastic sticky on the lens? The reason I ask is mine did not making me think it may be a refurb rather than new as I paid for. Thanks.

I just got one today too and it has a black rubber-like protective thingie over the clear dome lens cover.

Leave the protective cover on the top of the gimble. Please stay in beginner mode for the first battery, anyway. Watch your fingers.

Reactions: David Drones
Ok then, I watched so many Mavic videos I know some of them had stickys on the cam lens and the rear of the cam around the gimbal stabilizer, that was said to be sure to remove. No mention of it in the manuals I've read as of yet. Thanks guys!

Ok then, I watched so many Mavic videos I know some of them had stickys on the cam lens and the rear of the cam around the gimbal stabilizer, that was said to be sure to remove. No mention of it in the manuals I've read as of yet. Thanks guys!

There was one at the rear of the gimbal :)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

My first DJI, not my first drone. I own and fly 5 others but this Mavic is by far my most expensive. I know the rules and regulations, and and always fly with safety in mind.

I just got one today too and it has a black rubber-like protective thingie over the clear dome lens cover.

Yea, mine too but I was talking about a peel-off plastic lens cover stuck right onto to the lens. Same on the back of the cam/gimbal.

You could tell mine went through some rough handling on it's way from China. The gimbal stabilizer lock was lay loose inside the camera cover which was loose from the Mavic. It all good though calibrated just fine. Thank god.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom