DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Just some recommendations if you're returning your Mavic to DJI NL

Wacker2611

Reactions
I could now be considered an expert on this, as of today I'm on my third Mavic, having experienced separate camera/gimbal issues with previous two.
Once you've got your Mavic sent to DJI NL (who now seem to handle all European repairs) the service is actually very good, typically a 2 week turnaround at most.
However, they do like to have you jump through a few hoops, particularly if it's a warranty claim;
1) Don't even bother with online chat or phone. They will just get you to recalibrate IMU/gimbal/reinstall firmware etc etc. You've probably done all these things already, and if you feel you've got a genuine hardware issue, it's a waste of time.
2) Get the ball rolling via the DJI repairs microsite which is linked via the main DJI EU website. Send them an email telling them that you've done all available recalibrations already. Send a video of the problem and sync your flights with DJI GO.
3) Don't take no for an answer. Direct them towards your video and flight logs and assuming you haven't crashed it, make sure they understand that you're a careful flyer.

As I say, they are actually really good now, so much better than the bad old days a couple of years ago, but save yourself a few days and phone calls and fire in an email. You might have to chase it up a bit, but in my experience it's a much easier way to get a satisfactory solution.

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi haven't even flown it but let the MavicPilots c take off and land in beginners mode twice but got errors of forward left vision sensor error (a00004) hardware malfunction contact DJI to arrange for repairs. So won't be much of a flight log there but looks like going back ;(

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi haven't even flown it but let the MavicPilots c take off and land in beginners mode twice but got errors of forward left vision sensor error (a00004) hardware malfunction contact DJI to arrange for repairs. So won't be much of a flight log there but looks like going back ;(

Have you tried calibrating your cameras in DJI Assistant 2? Also, clutching at straws a bit, but I presume you've taken the stickers off the two front cameras?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yeah tried all calibrations compass IMU and gimble was told update software but my software is ahead of DJI assistant and I'd have to downgrade back to v1.200 as oppose Des to what it came with v1.300 and yeah took stickers off;(

Yes, it's been an absolute joy! [emoji53]Weather here is terrible so not had much of a chance to stretch its legs, but this one looks good so far.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Matisse13
Well email gone to support and waiting on instructions. Have to say I'm a bit confused about buying the combo pack having it less than a week and needing to send it "for repairs" when it arrived with sensor Errors? Not often you buy something faulty as new and instead of a swap for a working unit looks like we get to repair the faulty ones we purchased. Let's see how this journey plays out. Tnx for advice Wacker2611 ;)

Yeah had to jump thru the hoops as well they wanted serial numbers for
Mavic
Controller
Gimbel
Battery
Combo

I went back with all serials yesterday minus the ginbel askin them where I'd find that?
And was told it was in the centre of mavic and was the same number as the mavic. I sent email again but pointed out they had all this information yesterday and please could I have instructions and RMA to speed up a replacement of faulty received mavic less than a week old.

Any way long and short I have to wait again 24/48 hours from my email for instructions despite them havin all the info yesterday.

Anyone know why they would ask for the gimbel serial if it's the same as mavic.;( time waistline me tnks.

The problem error was
Vision sensor Error (a00004)

The fact that it takes 24/48 hours to secure a RMA number and instructions may reflect exactly how busy they are in the background with faulty units.

Also it may look like they will replace the faulty unit as opposed to fixing it. It would seem very strange for a consumer to buy a product which proves faulty in the first week and then have it sent to be fixed as opposed to swapped out for a working unit. Why should we have to repairs something faulty??

Let's see how this journey plays out.

May I ask who is paying the shipping fees to NL ? DJI or the customer?

Haven't got that far yet;( will keep you posted, on a positive note looks like they should swap this unit out as DOA effectively on arrival but will c

Thanks for this but how come it takes 24/48 hours to get this?
Did you return ur mavic and controller with blades in the original box?

On another positive at least my order status isn't showing order completed yet, how well they anticipated that;)

I think I saw the gimball serialnumber somewhere on a screen, I am sure I wrote it down and almost sure that it is different. I will search this evening.

As to repairing instead of getting it replaced is not so strange. I remember having issues with a new car and they only wanted to repair.

Sent from my SM-G930F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Matisse13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair