DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

K1 tips

thatguy0329

Reactions
My girlfriend got me a shield for my birthday and i cannot wait to use it with my mavic instead of my LG g5.. Any tips to get the best performance out of it

My girlfriend got me a shield for my birthday and i cannot wait to use it with my mavic instead of my LG g5.. Any tips to get the best performance out of it
DO NOT update to nougat. Most important thing right now; nougat is not working well with GO4. If you can keep it at marshmallow or lower it will work well. Enable developer options and USB debugging. I use a mavmount and hoodman sun shield and I highly recommend getting matte 'anti-glare' screen protector for it. Other than that it rocks. I also use an app called greenify that closes or hibernates any program I ask of it so it helps keep the processors clear and the tablet fast.
Regards,
-d.

Just ordered one, Bunny Too. Thanks for your tips. I got tired of removing Litchi in order to change a default setting in DJI GO 4 then reinstalling Litchi on my galaxy 5 phone.. Is there a way to prevent the updating to NOUGAT permanently or until DJI fixes the issues? ( I have multiple tablets all over the house and none work!)

I have not had any problem with Nougat but I don't use DJI Go 4 very often (just in case I wanted to change a setting Litchi lacks). The key to advanced Android versions is to disable any sort of battery optimization especially for critical apps like a drone controller. I am pretty convinced all the crashes people have had are due to Android forcing DJI Go 4 to go to sleep for brief periods of time to save power, which does not work well if it is trying to work with real-time radio signals.

Reactions: CaveDrone
Thanks, Halley! Will check those settings! Do you have both apps installed concurrently?

Thanks, Halley! Will check those settings! Do you have both apps installed concurrently?

Yes. Every time I connect the controller, I get a choice. I have to say JUST ONE TIME each time instead of ALWAYS or it won't give me the choice again later. (If that happens, uninstall then reinstall one app to re-engage the choice.)

That's what I do with my P3P, It sure will be nice to have that choice again! [emoji38] Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Just flew with the K1, awesome! I used DJI and Litchi switching between the two just by closing the apps and restarting my Mavic. I also used the same Tablet without rebooting on my Phantom P3 used Litchi again in FPV, COURSE LOCK and HOME LOCK. (other flight modes not working) going to check for a earlier or different Litchi app. DJI popped up and said to use the earlier version of app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000