DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Karma crash video.

Well maybe it's not such a great idea to fly over folks huh :)

Little OT here but it's any of them that can do that , have had 2 Phantoms do it .
This one was videoing an Easter egg run for a church here and was 249 feet straight up .Heard it when it failed and looked up
and came by me like a rock and where you see it there is where it hit at my feet .That was 1K $ at that time .
Just saying :)
mia.jpg Always be aware .
OK school's out :cool:

Reactions: The Editor
That was so close to that guy it was scary!
And people wonder why some of us bang on about safety and not flying over people/freeways etc.
The fact is ANY multirotor can fail at anytime.
Until we get no single point of failure aircraft this will just be a fact of life.

Reactions: dirkclod
That was so close to that guy it was scary!
And people wonder why some of us bang on about safety and not flying over people/freeways etc.
The fact is ANY multirotor can fail at anytime.
Until we get no single point of failure aircraft this will just be a fact of life.

Absolutely agree. I have a 6kg Spyder which I dread to think what damage it could cause. I have built in redundancy as much as I can with dual power supplies to the flight controller and X8 motor configuration should a motor or prop fail but she could still go down despite taking all precautions.

Absolutely agree. I have a 6kg Spyder which I dread to think what damage it could cause. I have built in redundancy as much as I can with dual power supplies to the flight controller and X8 motor configuration should a motor or prop fail but she could still go down despite taking all precautions.

Wouldn't a parachute type contraption aide with the fall in the instance of such heavy quads ?

Yes it would were I keeping it but that might be one for the next owner to consider.. :)

Wouldn't a parachute type contraption aide with the fall in the instance of such heavy quads ?

How about an airbag which envelopes it, in the event of total power loss? It would break the fall (with air resistance) and protect folks on the ground as well as the drone. Must be possible.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Not really, I would say that would be impossible actually plus it wouldn't slow down the descent at all..

Lol, very true.. :)

I didn't mean to be dismissive but I just couldn't see how that would work or could be made to work but as you imply, very little is ever totally impossible..

There is work going on to entirely envelope a motor cycle rider if thrown from their bike, so a drone should be simple in comparison. That will give airbag manufacturers something to produce, once the plastifoam stuff from Demolition Man takes over in cars.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I guess it's the R&D costs that might be prohibitive here but if there's a buck to be made somebody will do it. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka