DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Keeping the battery and the controller charge-while in use my solution with a bit of Velcro

Johnnyaibo

Reactions
26c147357cce5b06cace126cbe599be6.jpg
97cff838d6a9f7089a4ca77f26abb9cb.jpg
953773b3807d969e3aed8b2530d973e3.jpg

So to get it straight; you have a powerbank that you connect to the side USB connector of the RC controller and then connect the display to the bottom USB port of the RC controller?

Do you need some setting for that? Whenever I left the (not to a display/device connected) cable in the side connector while I use the bottom USB port to connect with a tablet/phone, then the app on the tablet/phone would not see the connected mavic. The RC controller would say "ready to go", but the tablet would not.

It works on my Sony XZ it charges the controller and the phone @ the same time, I have not tried it with Shield or I pad yet

Reactions: JoostGT3
Sounds good, I'll have to try that! I primarily use my phone (nexus 5x) at the moment, but it gets so much use that it will almost always be half empty if i decide to go for an unplanned flying session. With your solution I could just add a power bank to the gear bag and be prepared in that way. Thumbswayup

So I am on my second week of having the Mavic. The question I have is it seems the RC uses about 1/3 of it's battery per 1 battery/flight. Is this normal? I have a Anker 20,000 mAh battery bank that I just tried to plug in and it is charging my RC and Pixel C at the same time. I searched and seen a few post on here about it but not a lot of discussion. Are there any bad experiences with doing this?

Thanks

I'm pretty new with my Mavic but after ~ 20 batteries my guess is that I see about less than but around 10% power drop on the remote when I am using my iphone, per battery run through the Mavic. This is more like 20 - 25% when i have a Shield tablet connected (because it pulls battery power from the remote, the iphone does not). I'm not the fastest flyer and spend some time looking at camera settings and such before I even take off so of course your mileage may be different.

I am glad to see this idea could work, I am hoping to boost my flight times a bit with the idea of an external power source run into one USB with a tablet int he other. No guarantees but I will definitely try it out and not let it remain just an idea.

So to get it straight; you have a powerbank that you connect to the side USB connector of the RC controller and then connect the display to the bottom USB port of the RC controller?

Do you need some setting for that? Whenever I left the (not to a display/device connected) cable in the side connector while I use the bottom USB port to connect with a tablet/phone, then the app on the tablet/phone would not see the connected mavic. The RC controller would say "ready to go", but the tablet would not.
Had you received any updates on this? I've seen the same thing...the bottom usb did not work until I removed the side usb cable. I have not tried hooking a power source to the side cable so maybe that will work. I'll try it soon and report back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627