Know any good 3D printing forums?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DrPeppar, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DrPeppar

DrPeppar Well-Known Member

I'm going to be brand new to the 3D printing game in a few months and wanted to get up to speed on how to best use these critters.
    I Kickstarted a MakerArm 3D printer with all the goodies who's delivery was postponed until December so far. I ordered it simply on the coolness factor with no specific need for it.
    What is a good forum for beginners?
    Thanks

2. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

Good question! Typically 3 D printer forums spring up around the specific 3 D printer that one has or is building. The reason for this is there are specific questions about the make and model 3 D printer that one will be using or tweaking.

I built my Mini Kossel 3 D printer in this fashion by participating in the Google Group dedicated to the Mini Kossel.

Here is a pretty generic looking forum that may encompass your model of 3 D printer. 3D Printing Forum - 3D Print Board

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Have a look at soliforum.com

4. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

The best forums I found are those created by the manufacturer or that were created to discuss a specific 3D printer. All 3D printers are different, so you likely won't find much use in hanging out in a forum that tries to discuss all 3D printers in general.

5. DrPeppar

DrPeppar Well-Known Member

Thanks all.
    That's the thing though, it hasn't been released yet. I'll try the other suggestions.