DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

La Jolla Cove (Southern California)

Nice . I was over there about 4 weeks ago when that front came though. 70 mph winds and rain and no sun.

Nice. What altitude where you filming?
I was flying anywhere from 50 feet to 100 feet depending on the clip. I was in SD for business - so I stopped by La Jolla Cove about 4 times. It is awesome. No one seemed to mind me flying and it is one of the few places in SD that you can fly legally!

Nice . I was over there about 4 weeks ago when that front came though. 70 mph winds and rain and no sun.
Wow. 70 mph winds would definitely be too much. I will post my video from Cancun that I took a few weeks ago. It got pretty windy there. Like an idiot - I flew one day with 40-50 mph gusts. Luckily I didn't fly to far away but my return speed was like 5 mph because of the wind. Definitely had a few nervous moments!

Wow. 70 mph winds would definitely be too much. I will post my video from Cancun that I took a few weeks ago. It got pretty windy there. Like an idiot - I flew one day with 40-50 mph gusts. Luckily I didn't fly to far away but my return speed was like 5 mph because of the wind. Definitely had a few nervous moments!
sounds like the same weekend. I was down at ocean beach and got some pictures ( from my phone) waves were just starting to hit the bottom of the pier. later in the day it was coming over.
img_20170217_123937670-1-jpg.8638

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_123937670[1].jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 60
Reactions: jasoraso
I was flying anywhere from 50 feet to 100 feet depending on the clip. I was in SD for business - so I stopped by La Jolla Cove about 4 times. It is awesome. No one seemed to mind me flying and it is one of the few places in SD that you can fly legally!

Yes, it is a beautiful area. I live about 10 miles from there, so I am looking forward to getting some footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11