DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Labeling your Drone in case it leaves home

Derf

Reactions
What are your opinions on labeling your Mavic? What's the preferred method? What information would you include?

Last edited:
I'm going to put this label inside of the battery compartment. It'll include both my the FAA registration and phone number.

Reactions: mstampfli and Derf
I'm going to put this label inside of the battery compartment. It'll include both my the FAA registration and phone number.
I guess a phone number is plenty of information for someone to reunite me with my drone... if they are willing. Thanks.

I guess a phone number is plenty of information for someone to reunite me with my drone... if they are willing. Thanks.

Actually it's not enough. The link above is a good way to comply with FAA Regulations that you might want to have a look at

EDIT: I think I missed context, as rightfully pointed out below....sure phone is probably enough contact info, and maybe I need to drink less coffee

Last edited:
What exactly are you trying to point out?

...that the FAA registration number needs to be included and thus a phone number technically isn't "plenty of information." Seemed like that may have been [understandably] missed...though in retrospect my assumption this was a US-based question may have been premature. Kindly disregard if elsewhere :)

Last edited:
You're right. However, I think we're talking about how the drone should be labeled so the finder can safely return it.

I'm on the fence about labeling. I def don't want my phone number on it, as I wanna be somewhat anonymous (I hate when anybody calls me). I'll probably put an email address, or find some kind of link to use.

I like the tagmydrone stickers because they include a link for if the drone is found, but I don't need the registration number.

I will definitely have my registration number on a label but was curious how you get someone's attention if they find it and want to get it back to you? That's why I guess the phone number is as good as anything. I'll probably put a label on the inside and outside somewhere.

I'm on the fence about labeling. I def don't want my phone number on it, as I wanna be somewhat anonymous (I hate when anybody calls me). I'll probably put an email address, or find some kind of link to use.

I like the tagmydrone stickers because they include a link for if the drone is found, but I don't need the registration number.

Just curious...why don't you need the registration number?

I will definitely have my registration number on a label but was curious how you get someone's attention if they find it and want to get it back to you? That's why I guess the phone number is as good as anything. I'll probably put a label on the inside and outside somewhere.
I include Reward if found with my cell phone number. I put this on my drone and my batteries. No reward or contact information will result in no return.

All my hobby aircraft have my registration number as in the US that can be a big $$$ fine.

A Brother Label maker works for me.

Good question Derf.

Reactions: Derf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato