DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lame crash landing - 10s video

RallySoob

Reactions
I was in a panic because battery warning was going off and i just came down in time ... still buzzing from the ether i attempted to land by holding down the left stick til its motors shutoff but i got inpatient and tried to abandon it for the csc method to kill them but i left off the sticks too early. Making it do the break dance.
I broke phantom props doing same crap with that one its a prob for me i must work on

Learn from my mistake... make sure u commit to your moror shutoff procedure until its motors completely shut off

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/crash-landin?account=rallysoob

Last edited:
Fyi only damage is the tiniest scratch ever on one corner of that lil black lower arm end cap that snapped back on. No tabs broke... if i had ext land gear on it would been much worse

This is the most boring "crash" video I have ever seen. Come on, you can do a more exciting crash! ;-)

Reactions: RallySoob
So, here's what happens when you're landing and you just hold the left stick down. The mavic hovers about 12 inches off the landing pad then lands itself. You were so shook that you CSC'd at a foot off the ground? Interesting.

This is the most boring "crash" video I have ever seen. Come on, you can do a more exciting crash! ;-)

I kno right! Haha those vids are out there tho no doubt. Check out the one where guy free falls a mav from 750ft up and implodes into gray plastic shrapnel

So.... You were so shook that you CSC'd at a foot off the ground? Interesting.

U watched the video and actually said that?

U bwainz broke; need a doctor[emoji855]...? Take one xtra min before u hit post bra

Jk but really as u can see i obviously used the stick down to get it landed on the ground... but u must hold it down for an additional 5 seconds after it lands in order to kill the motors. As I said, i gave up during that time & went to the csc method. I think i waited like 1-2 seconds with stick down after it had already landed before i went to csc. U really gotta spell stuff out around here. I never seen a forum with so many knit-picky lil member's jus sayn

Anyways... the bad part came when i let off the csc command too early and then tried to re-apply it but somehow made it yaw i think. lesson learned, i will wait the 5 seconds next time. And naturally i get ahead of myself in that state. Rushing things. It felt like i held stick down 3-4 seconds but after reviewing vid it looks more like 1. I was way scatter brained. Reminds me of stress fire drills in practical rifle class. Learn to go to your training under stress. "I need training tho lol"

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11