DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing gear a good idea?

Singularity

Reactions
Just wondering if getting a 3rd party landing gear would be a good idea?
It seems to give the mavic more clearance, but any issues with throwing the weight/balance off, or anything else?

I think it's a decision that has to be based on where your flying from and what your landing on. Some buy landing pads to throw on the ground. Can't see why you would need it off the ground any further when using a pad. If your a hiker, mountain biker or avid outdoorsman and you can foresee using your Mavic from ground that is not level, has long grass, rocks that that stick up and could possibly hit the gimbal then I think the leg extensions are a very good idea. As far as the weight, no issue at all.

I've been using the extended landing gear for about 2 weeks and they work great by keeping the propellers and camera away from rocks on uneven landing and takeoff sites and they never show up in the videos/pictures.

I bought the landing gear also. I did try them out a few days ago and worked just fine. Never interferred with anything and landed just fine also.

I also use them. They are inexpensive, pack well in the Flymore bag, and do not seem to affect the flight characteristics.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest