DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing Gear Options

flyNfrank

Reactions
There is 3 images below that display a different type of Landing Gear Extension.

Which one of the 3 below would you prefer, and why?

1)
PolarPro.jpg

2)
arrisXL.jpg

3)
skytreat.jpg

I use #3 because it's economical, does the job I need it to and is easily stored in my gear bag.

I was looking at option #1 when I bought mine but I thought it would put to much unnecessary force on the rear arms in the event of a hard landing.

Honesty I haven't seen option #2 before. Ill have to look into that one.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have option three. I like them a lot, and they are very light. Add too much heft and it will cut into agility and flight time.

#3 as well. Plus it can easily be made of different heights without adding much weight. The other two, not so much.

I've never seen option 2 before, interesting. I just use a landing pad, folds up and only cost $8 off ebay.

I paid $11.99 for mine. I also have a landing pad I use on planned flights. But if I'm out and about and want to fly I sometimes just through the landing gear on to get a few more inches of clearance.

There is 3 images below that display a different type of Landing Gear Extension.

Which one of the 3 below would you prefer, and why?

1)
View attachment 6475

2)
View attachment 6474

3)
View attachment 6476

I have number 3 and they just work great
ebb186905fab0baa6e664198936336ed.jpg

I have #3 and it works great, in my believe I don't think #1 is practical if you want to use propellers guard with it as there is no way you can accommodate both at the same time.

Hmmm.....I wonder if people like #3 option. o_O Just kidding.

Will the front extensions get caught in camera view when rotating Mavic?

I used #1. They are very nice. I had a skin on the MP and after mounting the legs on the rear arms a few times the skin was damaged pretty bad so I had to remove the skin on the rear arms. Don't recommend this design if you like your MP skin undamaged.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've never seen option 2 before, interesting. I just use a landing pad, folds up and only cost $8 off ebay.

Option 2 is probably one of the more elite setups as it produces a spring type suspenion. The two main Cons about that setup is weight & price. If I used option 2, I would seriously consider removing the stock landing gear if it looks to be useless with opt2 installed. You should be able to leave opt2 on after folding the arms closed. Of coarse there would be a issue for those using a hard case and leaving opt2 on all the time unless they modified for it.

I came across 3 other leg extensions besides the 3 I added. But I figured those I added were the most popular thus far. Btw, opt2 is made by Arris.

I used #1. They are very nice. I had a skin on the MP and after mounting the legs on the rear arms a few times the skin was damaged pretty bad so I had to remove the skin on the rear arms. Don't recommend this design if you like your MP skin undamaged.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have that set here now and have been testing them for almost a week now. Opt1 is no doubt the most robust that I have seen anywhere. Just like @RWhisnant I also have a skin and experienced the same result once installing the rear set. By looking at images of opt1 they have an appearance of being heavier in weight. But there are not that heavy. I believe they are only 21 grams in weight is what I was told. The finish on opt1 is top notch. You can tell right away they are made from a 3d printer in someone's garage(not that that is a bad thing).

I use a slightly different version of option 2 as its fast to clip on in one unit and all the strain is taken off the legs off the Mavic even in a harder landing. Also I add my water landing noodles rings to same when flying over water which in pic 2 allows water landing but stops Mavic from sinking should disater hapen over water which allows for recovery.

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929