DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Landing issue not seen before

Reactions
I've probably done almost 100 flights and this new thing happened a couple days ago. Flying maybe 300meters from home and pressed "return to home". Mavic went to the usual 90m and started cruising back normally. I cancelled "return to home" just as the Mavic started descending and it stopped and hovered. Started lowering manually with the stick and the Mavic started autolanding at 90 metres. This was not over water but rather a grassy backyard. Stopped the autolanding with the sport mode switch and it stopped descending, but as soon as I tried manually descending it again...the same thing happened. This time I just let it land, which took forever from almost 90m. Tried a new flight right after this and could not duplicate the problem. All sensor settings were at defaults. On an unrelated note...this forum saved my drone as I have experienced this autolanding thing over calm water, and was able to stop the drowning by using the sport mode switch as learned on the forum. :D Thanks!!.

I've probably done almost 100 flights and this new thing happened a couple days ago. Flying maybe 300meters from home and pressed "return to home". Mavic went to the usual 90m and started cruising back normally. I cancelled "return to home" just as the Mavic started descending and it stopped and hovered. Started lowering manually with the stick and the Mavic started autolanding at 90 metres. This was not over water but rather a grassy backyard. Stopped the autolanding with the sport mode switch and it stopped descending, but as soon as I tried manually descending it again...the same thing happened. This time I just let it land, which took forever from almost 90m. Tried a new flight right after this and could not duplicate the problem. All sensor settings were at defaults. On an unrelated note...this forum saved my drone as I have experienced this autolanding thing over calm water, and was able to stop the drowning by using the sport mode switch as learned on the forum. :D Thanks!!.
There is another thread about this posted yesterday, it may be a new bug or it could be some sort of sensor issue.
MV goes to landing mode on high altitude

Reactions: HappyValleyGoose
Thanks Bunny! I did just upgrade to the latest firmware but this may be a coincidence. I didn't know that "stick full up" will now also cancel a forced landing. Thanks!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ