DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest update fails

Sjez

Reactions
I have spent pretty much 2 days trying to upgrade to the latest version without success.
Up until then everything was fine. Now I can't fly with the warnings that now my front left sensor needs attention. The MP has only flown 4 batteries.

Callibration can't even commence because it keeps telling me to rrnoot the aircraft and callibrate is greyed out.

I've scoured the forums for help.
I've tried every suggestion but to no joy. Upgrade from both computer and phone app.

The upgrade starts off well and after a couple of restarts it stalls at 75% with an unspecified error.

Can anyone offer a glimmer of hope? If not I guess it is going in for repair.

Have you upgraded to the latest DJI Assistant? I was having issues with firmware hanging and Gimbal issues where camera was unleveled. I noticed Assistant had an update. I installed it and reinstalled new software. Firmware updated without any hanging and also fixed all my issues on 0600. Not sure if you have this updated or not. I'm also using windows 10 and all upgrades done on DJI Assistant 2.0.

Have you upgraded to the latest DJI Assistant? I was having issues with firmware hanging and Gimbal issues where camera was unleveled. I noticed Assistant had an update. I installed it and reinstalled new software. Firmware updated without any hanging and also fixed all my issues on 0600. Not sure if you have this updated or not. I'm also using windows 10 and all upgrades done on DJI Assistant 2.0.
All the software was the latest version. Tried it through 3 different computers and via mobile device.
Still no joy. The .55 version remains but of course now I have front sensor errors.

Yeah I think when firmware hangs... There is a possibility of issues with something depending where it hangs at... Now that's my thought. I may be wrong... But I know I installed 0600 two times. First time it was from 550 to 0600 and it got stuck at 86% and had to close program and Mavic shut off and restarted and it continued to 99% and stuck again.

When I went to 0400 it also got hung at a percentage same process.

But when I went from 0400 to 0600 it went perfect and never got stuck on Mavic or RC.

What's Odd is that both times it got stuck I had Gimbal issues. When I updated the last time to 0600 it fixed my gimbal roll.

Might try going down to 0400 and then try 0600. Just a thought. I know it worked for me. I wish I could be of more help.

Mike

I had the same prob to update to .500
The uppgrade process always failed at 67%. I tried with the Assistant, the app, tried downgrading. Nothing worked.
I finally contacted support ... to hear (well read) that I had to sent it for repair... three weeks later my mavic was back, and worked

It finally upgraded to 6. What did I do. Nothing different from the numerous other times other than trying it on an old slow windows desktop. Go figure.

It finally upgraded to 6. What did I do. Nothing different from the numerous other times other than trying it on an old slow windows desktop. Go figure.

This last upgrade to 0600 that you finally go to go through on old windows... Did it it upgrade with no hanging/getting stuck. And did it fix your issue? Just checking to see if hanging during FW upgrade could be part of the problem.

This last upgrade to 0600 that you finally go to go through on old windows... Did it it upgrade with no hanging/getting stuck. And did it fix your issue? Just checking to see if hanging during FW upgrade could be part of the problem.
Usually my updates downloaded files... then uploaded.. then installed and stalled.
With this old computer It went through the process of downloading a bit.. then unloading then downloading another bit then uploading etc in chunks.
I had a blue screen of death and thought I'd reboot and start again, but on reboot it continued on from where it left until it stalled at 99%. I let it run in this stalled condition for about five min.
Oh well, I thought, rebooted both computer and Mavic and it told me I was done. Took about 25 min.
Odd huh. But all looks good on the controller except for my right sensor issue.
Funnt though.. my itger Mavic went through on my phone/controller without any glitch.

I bought new batteries. Used one to see if the firmware upgrafe would work, worked like a charm. Updated firmware with no problems

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS