DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lead time taken send back to DJI for repair?

MH@IronBoy

Reactions
My mavic crashed and the gimbal connection was out, some body damaged/ scratched. Want to send back for repair. Any advise how to speed up the process?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How long did it take. I sent mine back for similar repair. Paid the refresh claim fee on 2/8. Still waiting for repair to begin on 2/14.
Thx for reply

Same thing with me. Paid them on Feb 8 and it's still showing under repair until today.

Same thing with me. Paid them on Feb 8 and it's still showing under repair until today.

Still waiting. Still under repair.
I contacted dji via chat and they were little help. They said it could take 2-3 weeks.
I guess there are a lot of broken mavics in the queue.

Honestly I broke mine doing something stupid.

I'm leaving on a trip in a week, other wise I would wait for this to play out..
So I called DJI in L.A, CA and the agent there told me they don't have any in the USA to ship out and they are waiting for a shipment from the Main office in China to arrive in L.A., once they have them, then they will ship out the refreshes..

So those of you who have working mavics, and have upcoming trips, handle yours with care.

I'm starting to wish I would have bought the $55 aluminum bracket on ebay and attempted the repair my self.

I'm leaving on a trip in a week, other wise I would wait for this to play out..
So I called DJI in L.A, CA and the agent there told me they don't have any in the USA to ship out and they are waiting for a shipment from the Main office in China to arrive in L.A., once they have them, then they will ship out the refreshes..

So those of you who have working mavics, and have upcoming trips, handle yours with care.

I'm starting to wish I would have bought the $55 aluminum bracket on ebay and attempted the repair my self.

Did they at least give you an ETA for the shipment. It has already been 3 weeks as well since i sent them my crashed mavic for repair [emoji853]

Did they at least give you an ETA for the shipment. It has already been 3 weeks as well since i sent them my crashed mavic for repair [emoji853]

They said 2-3 weeks because they have no idea when the mavics will arrive from china.

Now I know that I'm not alone waiting for Mavic replacement via DJI Refresh. Paid my $79 on Feb 8th and still showing as "under repair" which is B.S anyways because my Mavic was completely destroyed so I'm expecting a new unit. A friend crashed his Mavic into a river due to a battery malfunction and DJI sent him a replacement unit (under warranty) that arrived in just over a week, and it was shipped from California. I'm wondering if they are being selective over who gets their Mavic's back??

Reactions: Rensyo
Paid for Refresh 9 Feb....got an courtesy email yesterday saying their running a little behind. Karma may get them.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Now I know that I'm not alone waiting for Mavic replacement via DJI Refresh. Paid my $79 on Feb 8th and still showing as "under repair" which is B.S anyways because my Mavic was completely destroyed so I'm expecting a new unit. A friend crashed his Mavic into a river due to a battery malfunction and DJI sent him a replacement unit (under warranty) that arrived in just over a week, and it was shipped from California. I'm wondering if they are being selective over who gets their Mavic's back??
Your friend doesn't happen to have a YouTube channel about sailing does he? High value publicity always takes a front seat.

Last edited:
Curious How you destroyed your mavic?

I did something stupid, and I knew better but I did it anyway.

I tried to launch mine from the roof of my house outside a second story window. It started to take off and gravity helped it down the roof, then the Gimbal caught the gutter and the mavic went over the edge. The weight of the mavic broke the gimbal mounting bracket. I'm not sure if it was pilot error or the mavic but it didn't take off, it started to land before it had taken off all the way.. I remember the software saying landing as it got to the edge of the roof.

After I shipped it to DJI, I found the bracket on ebay in aluminum for $55. It would have taken me 2 hours to repair but at least I would have the mavic and 2 refreshes.

I've already invested in the a Gimbal shade cover to minimize the gimbal catching on something again, like a tree branch.

They said 2-3 weeks because they have no idea when the mavics will arrive from china.

I just got an email this afternoon from DJI that they already completed the repair. Now the status shows that it's under quality assurance. I am assuming that the shipment of new Mavics from China already arrived in DJI California.

I hope they ship my Mavic tomorrow morning if they did issue me a new one. [emoji3]

I just received an email saying my mavic was repaired and would be shipped out in 3days.
Finally.
Anyone else ?

I just received an email saying my mavic was repaired and would be shipped out in 3days.
Finally.
Anyone else ?

I got the same message today too. They said it would be shipping within 3 business days. Hopefully this timeline is more accurate than their repair estimate of 3-4 days which was actually 10 business days

I've had mine out of the sky for a couple of weeks now. It's over with DJI repair guys in the Netherlands.

On Sat 11th I was running a waypoint mission in Litchi (one that I'd done about 15 times previous without incident) when the Mavic nearly went into a tree. The OA kicked in and stopped it, but then it sort of hovered and yawed into the branches. Fell about 25m and landed on the gimbal.

I chatted online to DJI support on the Monday (13th) and had my mavic picked up by FedEx the next day. It arrived with them on the 16th, although took them till the 21st to formally acknowledge the receipt. The damage assessment was done today and I got an email saying they'd replace everything free of charge. Just waiting for them to send it back now.

Overall I'm well impressed with their customer support!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka