DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning Litchi - Incredibly Close Call on Crashing

DownandLocked

Reactions

I set up a waypoint mission to be flown at constant altitude. I then checked on Google Earth and found a major increase in ground elevation on the first part of the mission. I then set up a new Litchi waypoint mission taking the terrain elevation change into account. But,,, I selected the wrong mission for the flight.

I panicked when I saw I was heading for the trees (see 1 min into flight) so pushed the return to home button. I took a few seconds to work and I flew within inches of the trees. I then flew the rest of the mission by hand thus the jerky panning. I'll select the proper mission for next flight which should smooth out the panning.

Learning curve can be scary!

Reactions: RAFALE
Rembert at panic to switch to sport mode to exit mission. Quicker and less likely I think to move you into possible trouble.

I set up a waypoint mission to be flown at constant altitude. I then checked on Google Earth and found a major increase in ground elevation on the first part of the mission. I then set up a new Litchi waypoint mission taking the terrain elevation change into account. But,,, I selected the wrong mission for the flight.

I panicked when I saw I was heading for the trees (see 1 min into flight) so pushed the return to home button. I took a few seconds to work and I flew within inches of the trees. I then flew the rest of the mission by hand thus the jerky panning. I'll select the proper mission for next flight which should smooth out the panning.

Learning curve can be scary!
OMG that was a good save! I thought for sure you were going to run into the tree! I am glad it turned out well! I am researching litchi but am a little wary using it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun