DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaving Mavic in a hot car

Grungymike95

Reactions
I've been leaving my mavic in the car, it gets pretty hot up in the mid 90s over here. Is it safe enough to keep leaving it in the car as long as its not under direct sunlight?

Reactions: Former Member
I dont think its a good idea, lipos dont like to be stored in hot temps, especially on a 90 degree day. Thats why I try not to leave anything with a lipo in my car or garage when it's too cold or too hot. I just found this online about keeping a dog in your car:

Parked cars are deathtraps for dogs: On a 78 degree day, the temperature inside a parked car can soar to between 100 and 120 degrees in just minutes, and on a 90 degree day, the interior temperature can reach as high as 160 degrees in less than 10 minutes.

Last edited:
In a few cases where I needed to leave lipos in the car, I had an empty cooler to put them in, which sufficed.

How do you keep the cooler cool? I think some of those freeze packs would do the trick as long as it doesnt get too cold in there.
You're not using the "cooler" to chill your Mavic and batteries. You're insulating them from the rapid heat rise of the car. Eventually they will warm, but at a much slower rate.

Hopefully not to 160°
Using a cooler would be a short term solution, so don't use this method if you're spending a week in Death Valley. Given long enough the temperatures will equalize. I believe that's the first law of thermodynamics. Energy (heat) moves from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration. All insulation does is slows that transfer.

Using a cooler would be a short term solution, so don't use this method if you're spending a week in Death Valley. Given long enough the temperatures will equalize. I believe that's the first law of thermodynamics. Energy (heat) moves from areas of high concentration to areas of low concentration. All insulation does is slows that transfer.

Agree. For those with some common sense it's viable and to the OP, you're welcome.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair