DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leeds area - good spots?

alex2987

Reactions
Hi All,

New Mavic owner in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Took the Mavic out and about with me this weekend for the first few flights. Few from Almscliffe Crag and Eccup reservoir, both excellent!

Looking for any other suggestions and favourites from other local pilots.

Thanks
Alex

Reactions: balshawr
Hi Mark, where have you been flying? I'm going to try and get out this weekend with the Mavic.
Alex

Been to gordale scare and York that's it really I work quite a lot i am off Wednesdays and sat afternoon if u ever want to go anywhere

Hi Mark and Alex I'm Richard also living in Leeds near Guiseley. I was setting up my Mavic today in Rawdon a few miles from Leeds Bradford Airport today. I got chatting to a guy that flies octocopters and he told me I'm not allowed to fly my Mavic in Leeds due to a by-law. Also I am hoping to meet up with the newly formed Leeds Drone Club in Roundhay Park one Saturday this month and was worried about this. Is this something you have heard of?

Great thanks. I actually took a screenshot of this and sent it to the CAA for clarification yesterday. There's no indication of by-laws on the link you sent. Seaparately just now, someone has sent me the actual by-law that says you can only fly drones in Middleton Park unless you fly on private land. Might explain why there appears to be no pfco courses in Leeds.

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/docs/Parks ByeLaws.pdf

Thanks again

Richard

Hi Mark and Alex I'm Richard also living in Leeds near Guiseley. I was setting up my Mavic today in Rawdon a few miles from Leeds Bradford Airport today. I got chatting to a guy that flies octocopters and he told me I'm not allowed to fly my Mavic in Leeds due to a by-law. Also I am hoping to meet up with the newly formed Leeds Drone Club in Roundhay Park one Saturday this month and was worried about this. Is this something you have heard of?

Hi Richard and welcome!!! I haven't heard of this but I will read the info posted on this thread when I get chance. I spent half an hour down at Arthington Viaduct yesterday and got some great shots (this is just a low res image from the GO app to give you a taste)....

IMG_6053.JPG

Fantastic work Alex. Puts me to shame. I will have to up my game :). Love the way you managed to catch a couple of trains as well.

Trust me, I am no pro, but the editor on the app makes it really easy! :)

Have fun and give me a shout if you find any nice locations!

Wow nice shot well nice I made a video of sutton bank with sunset that was a really nice bud yea 10 miles around Leeds lba is a no go

Wow nice shot well nice I made a video of sutton bank with sunset that was a really nice bud yea 10 miles around Leeds lba is a no go

I'm really close to the airport just now and using drone assist NATS it strongly recommends you don't fly your drone here. But it doesn't say you can't. It says you must use extreme caution if you do. I wouldn't recommend flying close to the airport though. I can see it looks like you can't as there is a big red circle going out about 10 miles or so. Anyway safe and sensible flying!

LS19 here, Yeadon.

I've shot at Arthington viaduct, Eccup, Roundhay Park and Kirkstall Abbey but for initial practice nothing beats Baildon Moor.

No trouble at any, all comments by passers by were positive.

nice shot..iam from sheffield and go in the peak district a lot, if you want to meet up for a fly please get in touch..

Just collecting my drone today. Would love to hear any tips you guys have as well as locations as based on Leeds too.

Reactions: oblisk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji