DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leeming Bar

Jerry

Reactions
Hi . New to the hobby having just got my MP . Live around the Leeming Bar North Yorkshire . Love to hear from any pilots or groups in the area ..

Are you stuck in a NFZ there then?
Lots of great places not far away though especially up the Dales.
There are quite a few in North Yorkshire but mostly pretty quiet - just getting on with it happily presumably.
Or crashed and burned :cool:

No NFZ where I live which is actually 3 miles from Leeming . Just figured folk would know Leeming better . I've only flown in my garden so far . Kirkby Fleetham to be exact . Bit scary to fly but I'm sure time and practice will sort that .. and yes I keep seeing great spots for flying as I'm driving .. fingers crossed !

When the Mavicitis gets really bad you will lie awake at night thinking of suitable places ;)
For good video it's all about nice light and some thought for composition just like any other video or photo.
The novelty of seeing places from above soon diminishes unless you plan shots and do some serious editing out to keep just the best bits.
It's all fun for a long while though, just flying and taking a few stills is amazing really, even if your material is for your own use e.g. shot of your house or workplace.

Haha !! I'm already laying awake thinking of places and shots !! . Also stress a bit over learning curve and loss or damage . Think I need a lens cover/protector asap . I think as long as it's stable it will keep me interested for a long time just flying and video/pics will take over as experience is gained . Tbh it seems a lot to take .. but hey ! Boys and toys :)

Also I think litchi app soon but need to learn to walk first and have confidence and some understanding of when I have a problem and what to do in the event .. where are you btw 4wd ?

Was about to add "I'll look forward to seeing some NYM video" :)

I live over Scarborough and have a Mavic as my work drone, looking to maybe seeing you guys about over there some times

I'm going to Saltburn on sunday when i go across the country to see my kids.

Hi . New to the hobby having just got my MP . Live around the Leeming Bar North Yorkshire . Love to hear from any pilots or groups in the area ..
Hi jerry, I'm near Harrogate, ,also new so interested in learning more from his forum.
Best tip, seeing as you asked, fly beginner exploring max height, radius , all round back forward fig 8, etc and take it from there, walk before you run, crashes are expensive

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa