DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Left stick dead

Jonty

Reactions
Hi all

I got one flight out of my mavic and on the second I kept getting "wheel error" and "stick error" messages. When trying to calibrate the left stick would not register as moving at all. Reinstalled firmware and even rolled back firmware and nothing. Looks like a hardware failure. Ive never had a stick gimbal fail in all my 20 years of rc so i very dubious about the quality of the mavic controller. Anyone else have this?

I am new to the machine myself however I saw a video of a guy who took the controller apart to muffle the beeper. Looks like there is a magnet on the bottom of the stick that floats over a (hall effect ?) sensor mounted to the PCB below to give angular feedback. If yours is dead I would suspect the device on the board has failed.

Hi Jonty, wondering if you were able to fix the problem. I updated the firmware today and the same issue has plagued me ever since, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hi Jonty, wondering if you were able to fix the problem. I updated the firmware today and the same issue has plagued me ever since, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Hey there - sorry to say it's a hardware failure and you'll need a new controller. I sent mine back and got a new controller a couple of weeks ago and no problems now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3