DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legs extended or folded?

Ebruce

Reactions
Hey all-- since I primarily fly direct from my property for now, I find myself leaving the MP legs unfolded. I usually store my MP on a shelf behind my desk -- kind of on display if you will.. QUESTION--> is it a better practice to fold up the MP or Is it ok to leave legs extended? I know to some it may seem a silly question however, my worry is if left extended are you stretching or wearing out the spring mechanism unnecessarily?? I realize the MP is tested to 5000 folds without issue, but still would like to know the groups thoughts-
Many thank's .....

I think that folding and unfolding puts more stress on the mechanism than leaving it unfolded. I dont fold it back up unless its going back into the case.

Reactions: Ebruce
I think that folding and unfolding puts more stress on the mechanism than leaving it unfolded. I dont fold it back up unless its going back into the case.

Agreed-glad to hear it's not just me practicing this..

Guys, you are overthinking things. Ease up a little. :) This is something that can't matter even a tinyest bit.
Practise the act of give zero "pucks" when there are absolutely none pucks to give :)

#GoodAdvise

:);):D

Hey all-- since I primarily fly direct from my property for now, I find myself leaving the MP legs unfolded. I usually store my MP on a shelf behind my desk -- kind of on display if you will.. QUESTION--> is it a better practice to fold up the MP or Is it ok to leave legs extended? I know to some it may seem a silly question however, my worry is if left extended are you stretching or wearing out the spring mechanism unnecessarily?? I realize the MP is tested to 5000 folds without issue, but still would like to know the groups thoughts-
Many thank's .....
I would leave it unfolded, if I did not have a cat.

Reactions: Ebruce
Guys, you are overthinking things. Ease up a little. :) This is something that can't matter even a tinyest bit.
Practise the act of give zero "pucks" when there are absolutely none pucks to give :)

#GoodAdvise

:);):D

Sorry but I think it's a valid question given the fact that the rear plates on the arms have been known buckle if overextended maybe due to flight, a hard landing, opening and closing the arms, or simply being in a rush and opening it too far. Keeping the Mavic unfolded will reduce the latter risk substantially.

The Mavic was made to be convenient and portable but not everyone needs the portability. Leaving the legs extended saves a little bit of time when setting up as well, even if its just a few seconds. Just grab it and go.

IMG_1608.JPG
IMG_1609.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1607.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Sorry but I think it's a valid question given the fact that the rear plates on the arms have been known buckle if overextended maybe due to flight, a hard landing, opening and closing the arms, or simply being in a rush and opening it too far. Keeping the Mavic unfolded will reduce the latter risk substantially.

The Mavic was made to be convenient and portable but not everyone needs the portability. Leaving the legs extended saves a little bit of time when setting up as well, even if its just a few seconds. Just grab it and go.

View attachment 10521
View attachment 10522

Your point is exactly what I mean. I was not making sides with extended or portable.... If you read my comment as I were disagreeing with your way of do things, either you misunderstood me or I didn't word it properly.

I was by most part saying that it doesn't matter. Do what suits your usage or feelings.
And yea I made it clear that I don't think that the question of if to fold it or not have an answer because that nobody gives a puck and the only way to do things is your own way. Some things you should do the right way and sometimes there is no such thing, than why bother..

And of course you can break it if you unfold it like hulk, but couldn't you also chop off an arm by impact with something, giving it's bigger when unfolded and therefore easier to mess up.....

Mine got this hangout place for the night.... Just to clarify, I'm no hater [emoji23]

a75e3fe3cf95d865caacf82853a460b2.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S