DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lens Alignment Issue? Thoughts Please.

Bondo_E_Odnob

Reactions
Hi there,
I am new to the forum, but have read a lot of the threads.
I have a MP and I'm thinking that I may be one that has received a MP with and alignment issue.
If those in the know could look at this linked video and post thoughts I would appreciate it.

For those who do:
Top of video
- Look at the roof shingles left side to center perfect. Center to right side progressively worse.
-As the drone pulls out from the building notice the texture on the cement wall below. Again looks great on the left side and goes soft right.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dropbox - DJI_0029.MOV

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 2.32.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 2.33.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 2.36.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 2.36.51 PM.png
You could probably argue that... The carts on the left are clearly sharp whereas the carts on the right are fuzzy (and look at the detail in the grass!! It's like a smudge in the bottom right corner!). If it were me I'd say it's definitely a lens issue but unfortunately, it's up to DJI to decide.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Bondo_E_Odnob
View attachment 5218 View attachment 5219
View attachment 5220 View attachment 5221
You could probably argue that... The carts on the left are clearly sharp whereas the carts on the right are fuzzy (and look at the detail in the grass!! It's like a smudge in the bottom right corner!). If it were me I'd say it's definitely a lens issue but unfortunately, it's up to DJI to decide.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for the feedback. IDK trying to decide what to do... I have not been impressed by the image quality so far. I ordered a set of the PP ND filters so I'll be excited to see how much they can help. This issue though obviously wont be improved. Ill try the full downgrade / upgrade / reset process and see if that helps. Also, I'll probably wait for that mysterious FW update and see what effect that has. Since they are shipping with that update it would be nice if they would release it.

Known issue. See several other threads in this forum, for example this one. I already sent back my second unit as DOA, expecting the third and hope that one will be fully functional.

Thank you for the feedback. IDK trying to decide what to do... I have not been impressed by the image quality so far. I ordered a set of the PP ND filters so I'll be excited to see how much they can help. This issue though obviously wont be improved. Ill try the full downgrade / upgrade / reset process and see if that helps. Also, I'll probably wait for that mysterious FW update and see what effect that has. Since they are shipping with that update it would be nice if they would release it.
Also, I'm just not able to get a still tack sharp.

Known issue. See several other threads in this forum, for example this one. I already sent back my second unit as DOA, expecting the third and hope that one will be fully functional.
Yeah, I know... I've seen your issues and a lot of others. They only thing that I can't seem to find is the lens calibration that some are referring to. I'm on Android. The users that have mentioned it seem to be as well, but I can't access it. It's not there.

Yeah, I know... I've seen your issues and a lot of others. They only thing that I can't seem to find is the lens calibration that some are referring to. I'm on Android. The users that have mentioned it seem to be as well, but I can't access it. It's not there.
Maybe they're referring to a gimbal calibration?

They only thing that I can't seem to find is the lens calibration that some are referring to. I'm on Android. The users that have mentioned it seem to be as well, but I can't access it. It's not there.

I'm on iOS and all that exists is gimbal calibration and camera settings reset. No calibration for the camera, and I can't imagine what there would be to calibrate anyway.

I'm on iOS and all that exists is gimbal calibration and camera settings reset. No calibration for the camera, and I can't imagine what there would be to calibrate anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej