DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let's fly in Mexico City!

fiigo0

Reactions
Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on this category and one of my first edited videos, let me know what you think! Some shots are from my Mavic and some from a friends Phantom 4

(I asked the police if I could fly at those places, they called their supervisors and let me fly!)

Please let me know if im on the right section or feel free to move it.

Hi everyone,
This is my first time posting on this category and one of my first edited videos, let me know what you think! Some shots are from my Mavic and some from a friends Phantom 4

(I asked the police if I could fly at those places, they called their supervisors and let me fly!)

Really cool video. I'm surprised they let you fly there. Did you have to give the cops a little bribe? [emoji848]

Really cool video. I'm surprised they let you fly there. Did you have to give the cops a little bribe? [emoji848]

I know I was afraid they could say no and no I didn't have to give anything, I spoke with a female cop and show her the document about drone regulations

.:Portal SCT:.: Regula la SCT el uso de Aeronaves No Tripuladas (Drones)

There was a no fly zone near but not where I was flying, I checked hover an other apps but at the end I think we were lucky they agreed to let us fly!

I was there last week - too scared to fly in Mexico City, but had a great time flying in Zihuatanejo / Troncones after!

I thought they adopted an even newer policy that had some interesting language about registration (similar to the U.S.), and foreigners needing to have registered in their country and that country needing to have a reciprocity agreement with Mexico; but I couldn't tell if it only applied to commercial use. That was enough make me leave it in the hotel safe while in the D.F. - now I'm sad I didn't ask - I would have loved to have footage of the Angel and Castillo de Chapultepec!

And of course - any ruins are off limits.

Hi everyone,

Very nicely done, and way to be prepared. Only drawback is now I want to go!

I was there last week - too scared to fly in Mexico City, but had a great time flying in Zihuatanejo / Troncones after!

I thought they adopted an even newer policy that had some interesting language about registration (similar to the U.S.), and foreigners needing to have registered in their country and that country needing to have a reciprocity agreement with Mexico; but I couldn't tell if it only applied to commercial use. That was enough make me leave it in the hotel safe while in the D.F. - now I'm sad I didn't ask - I would have loved to have footage of the Angel and Castillo de Chapultepec!

And of course - any ruins are off limits.

Im not sure about that policy I haven't heard anything like that, if you have a link that will be great to be aware and to inform others about it, and yes there are a lot of NFZ also de Castillo de Chapultepec was a no allowed to fly that why i didn't get close, also I was on the Nevado de Toluca but they say you can't fly on the lagoons. It was a pretty place even though I couldn't get any aerial shots

Very nicely done, and way to be prepared. Only drawback is now I want to go!

Thank you, you should go! there are a lot of beautiful places in Mexico City and nearby if you have the opportunity also on chihuahua there is the cooper canyon, you can get there in train the old fashion way! It's beautiful! If you have any questions about Mexico I'm glad to help!

Reactions: Spinylizard
Im not sure about that policy I haven't heard anything like that, if you have a link that will be great to be aware and to inform others about it, and yes there are a lot of NFZ also de Castillo de Chapultepec was a no allowed to fly that why i didn't get close, also I was on the Nevado de Toluca but they say you can't fly on the lagoons. It was a pretty place even though I couldn't get any aerial shots

I can't remember where I saw the actual regulations, but they were in Spanish. It looks like the regulation was issued in May 2016
There is an English summary here:
New Drone Regulations in Mexico | Global Media and Communications Watch

Edit:
Here's a few more links (in Spanish):
Secretaria de Comunicaciones y Transportes: 3.5 RPAS (Drones)
http://www.sct.gob.mx/fileadmin/DireccionesGrales/DGAC-archivo/modulo3/co-av-23-10-r3.pdf

From what I can tell, it is requiring a registration similar to what the FAA has in the U.S. But although the U.S. allows foreigners to register, it appears that the Mexican regulation will be a reciprocal registration, but only if the there is an agreement with the other country.

The weight limits requiring registration, and the commercial/non-commmercial requirements were hard for me to figure out.

Bottom line: I only flew on the coast where there weren't really any other people/police/airports etc to deal with

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54