DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets hear from everyone who hasn't has promblems with there Mavic

Not only no problems, but the Mavic's obstacle avoidance saved itself big time this week.

I was shooting the northern shores of France (cliffs), and launched from a beach cove, but forgot to change the return to home altitude (already higher than stock but not high enough for the cliffs) before flying. I flew around a bend and eventually lost signal. For minutes I tried to round the bend or get to a more advantageous spot to regain signal but the tide was coming in fast. A few minutes later, I regained signal as the drone was mid return-to-home. I immediately overrode, gained altitude and carefully landed.

It wasn't until later while reviewing footage that I saw how incredibly the craft saved itself via obstacle avoidance (will post on this with video when I return to the states in a couple days). Basically, afternoon losing signal for long enough, it gained altitude to its preset height, aimed at home and charged forward (directly into a cliff face over the ocean). It caught itself, gained altitude again, and charged forward again, once more to catch itself (near the top but not quite). Once more and it was clear. Each time would have resulted in a 100% lost craft, so I'm stoked at this little guy. It's cheap enough to replace as needed for the footage gained, but amazing that we won't have to.

As soon as they release the next one with multi-directional obstacle avoidance, I'll jump back on the pre-order madness (perhaps this time not directly from DJI ;)

Reactions: lifeismusic
The Mavic is rock stable and an amazing machine!!
I have had zero issues with the machine.
The only issue I have had is I can't seem to remember to remove the gimbal lock!! Luckily it tells you!

I love this thing!

These are always silly threads. The Mavic is quite reliable and most problems are the result of uneducated pilots. A LOT of Mavics are being bought as first or second machines by folks without technical knowledge. They often have "problems" which are not really problems.
My Mavic worked like a dream from day one - same with all the other DJI RTF's I've had. I've had "problems" but I fixed them all with basic common sense and patience.
Mavic seems like it passes the reliability test.

how do I unfollow a topic

man you guys who got your drones in november have it made.. it's been so cold and windy outside that i've not been able to truly enjoy this aircraft.

The only issue I have had is I can't seem to remember to remove the gimbal lock!!

Attach a red ribbon or string to it.

cZXVQlP.jpg

Reactions: lenabanana
Hello to everyone, just landed here... 11 hours flying and no issues... Some smart warnings like "try to move from disturbance source" once I was beside a small power station and the normal calibration warnings, this bird is a tech jewel, love it...

Received it early. No problems. Great bird. Interesting to see all the accessories coming out, but trying to keep mine to a minimum so my small case doesn't balloon into a larger one. Thanks, DJI, money well spent and fun!

Yup. 5 people having issues will make a LOT of noise across multiple threads and forums, while 500 others are just happily flying and have better things to do than go talk about how great it is.
That's how it always works.

And it goes the other way... question wording matters a LOT, so on a thread called "let's hear from everyone who hasn't had problems with their Mavic" you're pretty much guaranteed to have 100% happy people, the unhappy ones won't come and post there.

###
I was one of the first to recieve the Mavic and it had range issues. I emailed DJI and within 2 weeks of that email, I had a BRAND NEW MAVIC sent to me. Been havin a ball flying it now... I`m in Australia... Geoff

I finally have a problem.. its cold and windy.. and I don't like cold or windy.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Kilrah and Revoh713
One thing I've learned - don't ignore strong wireless interference notifications. There's something about my back balcony that consistently messes with my flight controls - throws out GPS and then it's a real struggle to get it under control.

Taking off from 10m away, absolutely no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm also happy to see all the great news out there of no troubles. I'll also be upset if they come out with MP2 before I even get my first Mavic! Been waiting a while and after reading a lot of posts about people ordering from Apple and getting them in a shorter amount of time than the site says it will take, I took the plunge and ordered a second one from Apple to see which one comes first. I guess if I end up with two, I can always sell one...or keep as a spare! Wish me luck either way! Can't wait to get one in the air!

I received mine Nov. 1 and have 56 flights with zero craft problems. That said, I did have an operator error problem. I was flying slowly while walking thru the woods. I thought I was high enough but clipped a tree branch at 40 ft. It bounced off branches dropped 15' and then jumped into a clearing and hovered perfectly waiting to see if I had anymore bad commands for it. I landed immediately and found 2 cracked blades. I'm impressed at it's stability. I recently flew it for 4 min in 10 deg F weather up to 200' with no issues.

First drone. 20 flights in, no problems. The Mavic is flat-out elegant design.

One thing I've learned - don't ignore strong wireless interference notifications. There's something about my back balcony that consistently messes with my flight controls - throws out GPS and then it's a real struggle to get it under control.

Taking off from 10m away, absolutely no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I kept getting that and looked and saw a cell tower about a quarter of a mile away. So I did the right thing and flew up to it and looked at it. [emoji102]Then called to bird home, no issues

Sent from [emoji211]

Reactions: Brianna

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929