DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets talk about the MaVic in the Wind

edoginasia

Reactions
I like to fly my Mavic in Hawaii and right now we have wind..
No problem, my P3A handled.
The Mavic seems like she is working to make way into the wind.
Is it me, maybe I am in the wrong mode..
I have been flying 15knots to 25knots..and gusting more.
The Mavic has been not making way at times...
So my only answer is to fly upwind early and back downwind later on the battery..
but such a shame, my Phantom cut through the wind no problems..
anyone else has input?

I like to fly my Mavic in Hawaii and right now we have wind..
No problem, my P3A handled.
The Mavic seems like she is working to make way into the wind.
Is it me, maybe I am in the wrong mode..
I have been flying 15knots to 25knots..and gusting more.
The Mavic has been not making way at times...
So my only answer is to fly upwind early and back downwind later on the battery..
but such a shame, my Phantom cut through the wind no problems..
anyone else has input?
Was this in sport mode? If not then it's what I would expect and within spec.

Yup, gotta fly in Sport mode in 15 to 20mph winds. In theory it won't even move in P mode flying into a 20mph headwind. It will move backwards in anything stronger. It should hit 40mph in that same 20mph tailwind returning.

Winds should be down now with only 8mph on Sunday!

Yup, gotta fly in Sport mode in 15 to 20mph winds. In theory it won't even move in P mode flying into a 20mph headwind. It will move backwards in anything stronger. It should hit 40mph in that same 20mph tailwind returning.

Winds should be down now with only 8mph on Sunday!
What differences are there when in sport mode besides it being faster?

Going to Hawaii (Oahu) soon, what cool places are there to fly at?

What differences are there when in sport mode besides it being faster?

Going to Hawaii (Oahu) soon, what cool places are there to fly at?
No obstacle avoidance in Sport mode, and once in a GREAT while you may see a prop.

North shore is always cool to shoot, as well as the east side beaches when it's not windy. Plenty mountains to shoot too. There's FAA inspectors wandering around so make sure you notify helipad or control towers if you need to.

Just got done flying in 21 MPH wind in P mode. No problem at all. Very stable in flight. Ground speed into the wind was about 10 mph but all was well. landing was a bit shaky but doable. It's a great bird

Reactions: Platinum350
Could you please give a details on the camera : - is it easy to remove and then install it back ? - is it possible to replace it by yourself in case of damage - Can you remove camera with other equipment as one piece ? I need to know if i can ask the seller to send me drone in 2 parts : body and camera unit ?

Reactions: APFly
Could you please give a details on the camera : - is it easy to remove and then install it back ? - is it possible to replace it by yourself in case of damage - Can you remove camera with other equipment as one piece ? I need to know if i can ask the seller to send me drone in 2 parts : body and camera unit ?
I can't imagine why you want to separate the camera?IMG_0071.JPG

I could not import drone with camera to my country , i need to find the way to remove camera+ gymbal in easy way and send 2 part separate -> body and gymbal

This video is RAW no color grading and demonstrates the Mavic performance in high WIND. I keep a wind meter in my Mavic case so at ground level I checked wind speeds before I flew. Sustained was 16mph and gust to 22mph. Wind was southeast to northwest. I took off going heading west with the wind and turned north to the norther point of the island. I turned the Mavic 180 degrees into the wind to return (3 min 14 sec in the video).

Personally this is on the extreme high end of wind that I will fly it really goes through the battery.

Very nice @Lightsout, warmed up this old dog!

This video is RAW no color grading and demonstrates the Mavic performance in high WIND. I keep a wind meter in my Mavic case so at ground level I checked wind speeds before I flew. Sustained was 16mph and gust to 22mph. Wind was southeast to northwest. I took off going heading west with the wind and turned north to the norther point of the island. I turned the Mavic 180 degrees into the wind to return (3 min 14 sec in the video).

Personally this is on the extreme high end of wind that I will fly it really goes through the battery.

Not that high really with what we get down here, here's my post with sustained 22mph and gusts of 28mph
Almost had a fly-away due to wind

absolutely, but since mine was also right on the beach I'm sure we experienced similar conditions at height

Very nice. Look how stable. What else can you want

\Yes Video is stable when Mavic is in motion, however it is like a jumping Bean when hovering, still very impressed with the smooth video quality.

I took my mavic out this weekend to fly but it was very windy here in Houston, TX. Hovering the mavic was jumping all over and I ended up just landing it and not flying. Good to hear that others have experienced the jumping around as well.

I am a beginner so I am being extra cautious before doing any flying right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3