DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Letter of Agreement (LOA) with local airport

2nckayakers

Reactions
This may have been covered in another thread somewhere but I have not been able to find it. Has anyone entered into an agreement (LOA) with their local airport due to the fact that you have an on going or established site where you normally fly that is within their 5 mile zone?

I live within 5 miles of my local regional airport. Actually I am 3.95 miles from the center of the airport. I have already talked with the manager at the airport and we have a really good relationship now and I just email them whenever I am going to fly. But, I fly almost every afternoon when I get home from work and multiple times on weekends all from the same location in my back yard and the surrounding farm land we have. I thought about just doing an LOA with them so I don't have to keep emailing everyday.

Has anyone else done this and if so do you have a copy of your letter that you will share? I have found the samples on the FAA website but they are really geared towards more of a commercial thing that is an addition to their COA so it has way more in it than what I really need. I need something that is simple and has worked for someone else. No need in reinventing the wheel.

BTW, even though I am within 5 miles of the airport I am in Class G airspace as the Class E drops down to 700 agl over the house and it doesn't drop down to the surface until it is immediately over the perimeter of the airport.

It has been my understanding that these letters were more of a thing with AMA affiliated clubs or groups, aa opposed to individuals, but I guess it's worth a

What might happen when you explain your situation is they just say don't bother but a piece of paper would be better.

You might wind up being a good test case, guinea pig sorta guy, so let us know what happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters