DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LG V20 phone problems

s14sr20de

Reactions
After searching the net i find most pilots having problems using the LG V20 with the Mavic but there are a few having no problems. My V20 is showing tomorrow and must decide to keep it or not. I also saw a thread of a pilot discussion with DJI and DJI listed the V20 as compatible.
Any insight on the V20

Thanks so much

Why should the phone be incompatible?

The only thing which might cause trouble is the android version. But that can happen with every manufacturer like Samsung or htc.
Just like Microsoft office runs on every pc as long windows is installed. Doesn't matter which CPU, manufacturer or whatnot.

If be surprised if you run into issues. It's most likely dji go 4 which is the problem, not the phone's hardware itself.

But since u don't have a v20 I might be wrong too. But usually I'm not [emoji23]

Casted from my throne using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input. Do you suggest using just the dji go or maybe Litchi then? the phone shows up tomorrow so we shall see.

I have two Mavic's and two LG V20 phones and both crash many time during one flight. Tried turning off all apps and switching on airplane mode, still crashes. Very disappointed, I like my LG V20.

Its not just Android version, its the USB chipset and the entire USB stack (which is a part of the Android kernel) that is at play here. I've attempted to use my LG G4, which is currently on Lollipop (rooted stock, stock kernel), with DJI, and it would rarely ever connect to the Mavic. Most of the times it would connect momentarily, and then the app says "aircraft disconnected". I don't dare to fly using that. My Nexus 7, from the other side, works fine (running MM, don't remember which ROM/kernel, but near stock),

Reactions: Ty
My LG V20 is also closing DJI application. I open it again and after few minutes it closes again.
I bought Litchi, though it is DJI problem, but there I have same issue. Closes after few minutes. Finally I flight with old and stable Samsung S5 with smaller screen. Will try to use old Nexus tablet..

I fly with my LG G3 23GB (3GB Ram) @ android 6 all the time with no issues at all. I have numerous flights with no freezes, lags or any sort of problems. I have tried both apps, DJI Go and Go4 since I used to own a P3 before. A friend of mine flies with his LG G4, again, no problems at all. Seems weird that newer models have such problems...

just my 2 cents

My LG G4 motherboard is now dead. Device out of warranty. I've got myself an SGS7, updated it to the latest stock ROM available, and recently tried to fly with DJI Go4, works flawlessly. I've also tried a pirated copy of litchi, seems to run fine, although, i didn't really fly with it, just tested a video feed and explored the interface (don't trust a pirated version stability to take off with it).

My LG G4 motherboard is now dead. Device out of warranty. I've got myself an SGS7, updated it to the latest stock ROM available, and recently tried to fly with DJI Go4, works flawlessly. I've also tried a pirated copy of litchi, seems to run fine, although, i didn't really fly with it, just tested a video feed and explored the interface (don't trust a pirated version stability to take off with it).

Hey i saw a you tube that indicated if you use the usb port on the bottom of the controller to connect to your LG that the problem goes away. I tested if for a partial flight and had no problems loosing my screen. I used a long length and did not work. Ordered a decent short cable and that is when i had success. I do need to go for 20 minutes plus to make sure however.

I have a G2 on lollipop. I generally have reasonable stability with only 1 complete app crash & 1 lost radio signal that triggered a RTH in about 15 hours of flying. I do have regular "aircraft disconnected" warnings in the app but have good maintained video & control. So I'm less worried about them now. I've tried both USB ports with stock USB cord and a quality 2ft cable. It didn't seem to make much difference. If I experience any problems i land, power off the mavic and the app off and start again. That normally fixes the problem for the rest of the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka