DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lichi vs DJI GO 4.0

ikasper

Reactions
In app store you have to pay for the Lichi app. Is it worth the money? What are the pro's and con's of Lichi vs dji go?

Any thoughts?

I picked up litchi mostly to use the VR mode along with a cheap pair of VR goggles from Best Buy. (FPV was amazing by the way!)

But it also does some more advanced waypoint modes that Dji go 4 doesn't do. Looked like it could be used as a normal day to day flying app for the Mavic too.

Others probably have way more to say about it- but I wanted to chime in and say it's a cheap way to try out FPV flying.

Reactions: UnusMundus
If you want to fly waypoint missions Litchi is dramatically better. I allows you to preplan without preflying. I do wonder if DJI GO4 will eventually add that, but it doesn't have it now.

I use both. I reckon' cause I started with the Go app then got Litchi awhile ago. I'm sure theres alot of cross-over though. I use the DJI GO 4 app when I'm flying/controlling the drone. I use Litchi for what I call automated flight. That is setting up a Mission with waypoints then letting it fly on its own without me intervening...

IMO, Litchi is well worth the price. It has helped me make some really smooth and professional videos. It does a great job of being able to keep the drone moving and at the same time focusing or aiming at POIs. I've found I do alot less editing with Litchi...

If you want to fly waypoint missions Litchi is dramatically better. I allows you to preplan without preflying. I do wonder if DJI GO4 will eventually add that, but it doesn't have it now.

If you use an ipad search for GSP or dji japan in the app store this has a much better waypoint modul and its free ... unfortunately no iphone version

Love the Litchi Waypoints!!!! Program at work or home and let it fly on its own. I rarely fly any other modes now. Have done several flights nearing 20min long. Have it also flying down to the water flying around and acting as surveillance on my boat dock. Well worth it.

I picked up litchi mostly to use the VR mode along with a cheap pair of VR goggles from Best Buy. (FPV was amazing by the way!)

But it also does some more advanced waypoint modes that Dji go 4 doesn't do. Looked like it could be used as a normal day to day flying app for the Mavic too.

Others probably have way more to say about it- but I wanted to chime in and say it's a cheap way to try out FPV flying.

So if I buy litchi I can use goggles?! That's great! What kind of goggles do you use? Easy set up?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I use the Go App for everyday flights and use Lichi strictly for panorama shots.

So if I buy litchi I can use goggles?! That's great! What kind of goggles do you use? Easy set up?

I use Airbox VR goggles (15 €). You insert your smartphone in it.
Point to check is the ability to plug your USB cable on your smartphone while it is in the goggles.

You need an app to display in VR mode.
Litchi does it very well. OSD could be better but it's OK.
You can use your head motion to pilot the camera tilt or to lead the drone.

Coming Android Nougat will provide us with a VR mode at OS level.

Reactions: coastie_steve
I use Airbox VR goggles (15 €). You insert your smartphone in it.
Point to check is the ability to plug your USB cable on your smartphone while it is in the goggles.

You need an app to display in VR mode.
Litchi does it very well. OSD could be better but it's OK.
You can use your head motion to pilot the camera tilt or to lead the drone.

Coming Android Nougat will provide us with a VR mode at OS level.

Thank you.

Yep! I got some cheap Utopia 360 goggles from Best Buy as I didn't have time to wait for amazon to ship me some. Read about it Friday and went out and flew Saturday.

Easy to setup- just tap the little goggle icon in the upper right corner and then strap the goggles to your face. There are a few options such as up/down gimble control with your head movement, which I used, and you can also control yaw with left/right movement of your head too (which I didn't do).

Reactions: coastie_steve
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent